Chapter 1 - Percy

Hey man,

I couldn't believe what I just heard.  

"You are to fight, to prove your worthiness to me, Percy," my father said less than gently.  It was as if their Greek sides had disappeared, and that their Roman sides were the only part of them left. 

"Prove my worthiness? I didn't yet?" I was starting to get angry. Over the past few years, I had cleared my father's name, saved the dying tree at camp on an extremely dangerous mission, some more stuff, and most importantly, I helped save Mount Freaking Olympus. How did that not prove anything?

Poseidon hadn't softened yet, he was in his Neptune form for sure. "Because," Neptune bellowed. "You must prove your worthiness against the other Gods' children. You must fight them to the death."

What the hell? Poseidon had gone crazy, he had gone mad with power! I decided against saying anything else, so I stormed right out of mount Olympus and down the Empire State building elevator.

I was fuming when the doors opened and revealed Annabeth looking perky and excited, and beautiful, but I was still to angry to notice my girlfriend. "Percy," she wrapped her arms around me and kissed my cheek. When she pulled back, she saw my anger. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head. "Are you going up to see your mom?"

She nodded slowly. "Yes but-"

"You don't know what you're in for. I'm not going back up there. Just wait for your mom to tell you. You'll be angry too..." I interrupted her.

Annabeth scrunched her eyebrows and pressed the elevator button with me still in it. "Annabeth!!" I said exhausperatedly. 

"Percy, tell me what's going on!"

"Annabeth, if you're going up, you're part of it too."

"What are you talking about?"

"We all have to fight, against each other. All of the half bloods, both Roman and Greek. We have to fight, we have to kill each other. If your mom called you up, you must have been chosen as her tribute."

"What the hell?" Annabeth muttered in disbelief. "You're kidding me, aren't you?"

I shook my head again. "Not even."

Annabeth laughed. "Nice try, Perce, I'm not falling for that." The elevator reached the top floor once again. Annabeth strode out of it.  "Are you going to stay in here?"

I scowled at her for no believing me and crossed my arms against my chest.

Annabeth snorted, "Fine, see you in a bit!" She blew a kiss and walked off, leaving me in the elevator alone.

(About an hour later)

I had passed out on the cold elevator floor while waiting for Annabeth, she had taken a while. 

I woke up to a shrill voice screeching, "What the fu*k is wrong with them?" 

Honestly, I was a bit taken back, I hadn't heard Annabeth swear like that. "She broke the bad news to you," I said wearily as I rubbed my eyes. 

She gritted her teeth. "This is insane. What has gotten into them?"

"I don't know. They expect us to unite and then make us go try to kill each other? Has Gaia possessed them or something?" I added sarcastically.

"We've got to find out who's behind this before it starts."

"Athena didn't tell you?" I asked her.  She shook her head in response. "We start tomorrow afternoon."

"WHAT?!" Annabeth shouted loudly. I was pretty sure anyone down in the empire state building could hear her as well. She went to her knees next to me and shoved her face into her hands. "No, no, no," she muttered quietly.  I thought I heard a small quiver in her voice. 

"We'll figure something out," I soothed her by patting her back with my free hand. 

"How?" Annabeth demanded. "We have to fight to the death yet figure out what happened to our parents?"

I nodded solemnly. "We don't have a choice."

--

This happened only a few hours ago.  Tomorrow, we'll be set up against unknown challenges, beasts, monsters, and worst of all, each other. 

Annabeth and I still haven't worked out a plan, but one thing's for sure, we won't participate in killing out friends for our parents' glory. That's just awful and sick.

I can't sleep right now, it's impossible.  Too much is on my mind.

Wish us the best for tomorrow, Grover

-Percy

------------------

A/N: Oh the fragile beginning.

-Emily