3

(Song: Fall Away; Twenty One Pilots)

It was finally Saturday. No work because someone else has my shift, which means no need to go out. I pumped my fist in the air before sitting up in my bed and heading to the bathroom. I took a shower and put on a black tank top with a pair of skinny jeans before I glanced at my Vans and quickly realized they were beat up from wearing them all the time.

I sighed, "Guess I have to go out today,"

Good luck with that.

"Oh shut up, you're coming with me,"

It's not like I can leave, sigh.

"Sometimes I wish I could kill you,"

Awe, I feel the same. But then I remember, if I killed you then I wouldn't be alive, so then I don't.

"Wow, thanks."

I slipped on my black floral pair of Vans instead and went downstairs to the main floor. I already brushed my teeth so I just grabbed my keys and made sure I had enough money as I went to my car. I drove to the mall and walked inside.

I don't like it. I don't like being around people, I don't like being in any social situation. I'm an introvert, if you couldn't already tell, I get nervous every time someone tries to start a conversation with me.

I shook my head to clear my mind as I walked into the Vans store, avoiding everyone around me. I looked at each of the shelves until I saw the pair of shoes that needed to be replaced. I grabbed the plain black pair and looked for my size. I was just about to take the box up to the front when I heard a voice come from behind me that made me jump, once again. Why am I so jumpy?

"Tyler?" The voice asked. I turned around and saw Josh standing there. I looked at him confusedly. What is he doing here?

"H-hey Josh," I stumbled, "what're you doing here?"

"I work here,"

Well then, there you go. Cheesy movie.

"Shush," I whispered as I stared at his shoulder. Josh took a microscopic step back and looked at me confused. I looked at him and stumbled over my words again, "I was talking t-to myself, sorry,"

"Okay, I was kinda worried there," he answered and relaxed. I stiffly laughed and he took the box from my hands. We walked over to the counter as he scanned it and I inserted my debit card to read the chip. He put the box in a bag and gave it to me with a smile, which I returned, before turning around and walking away.

"Do you want to, maybe, hang out?" He asked as I turned away. I stopped walking and stood there wide eyed. Good thing he couldn't see me. Josh. As in Josh Dun, the cute guy who works at the Vans store, wants to hang out with me. Of all people, he chose me.

Yes idiot. What didn't you understand?

I smiled and turned around to face him again and nodded, "Yeah, that would be sick,"

He laughed, "Sick as Frick,"

I laughed along, "When were you thinking?"

"Maybe tonight, since it's the weekend," he shrugged.

I nodded, "Sure, where and what time?"

"My apartment? And anytime would work."

Is he really inviting me to his apartment?

You mean we. I'm still here too, Ty, don't forget that.

"Ok, yeah, just put the address in my phone and then I'll stop by sometime tonight," I said as I handed him my phone. He gave me his and I put in my phone number and address then we switched them back to each other.

We said goodbye and I walked back out to my car. I sat down and sighed happily after I put the bag in the passenger seat and closed the door. I bit my lip as I glanced at his contact information. I noticed after his name he put a alien emoji. Maybe I'll have a real chance one day.

What did I tell you.

"What?"

Don't get your hopes up, things can happen.

"Whatever, you don't know everything,"

But maybe I do. I'll beat you at your own game so don't try to be smart with me.

I sunk in my seat and placed my phone in the cup holder. I buckled my seatbelt and started the car before I drove back home. As I parked my car and got out, I checked his address and recognized it immediately. I furrowed my eyebrows and realized that he lives in the same apartment building as me.

"Huh," I said quietly. This isn't going to turn into one of those cheesy movies is it? At least I hope not. We'll have to see.