22 (part 1)

(song: Air Catcher; Twenty One Pilots)

2 months later...

We're halfway done with our year long tour. That's crazy. That we've actually done something like this. But now we need to visit our families since we haven't seen them in half a year, so we just got off the plane and now we're sitting in Josh's parent's driveway.

"Are you sure they'll be okay with this?-" Josh asked for the millionth time from the drivers side.

"Yes Josh, I'm sure," I answered looking at him so he finally understands.

"I'm just making sure. I don't think my parents will, and that scares me,"

"If they don't approve, then they're a loss because you mean a lot to me and I'm not going to let them get in the way,"

He smiled and grabbed my hand, "You mean a lot to me too. I don't know what I'd do without you,"

I smiled and he kissed my cheek before we got out of the car. We walked up to the door of his house and he rang the doorbell. The door opened and I saw his brother Jordan. He quickly opened the door and gave Josh a hug.

"Josh! You're home!" he shouted as they still hugged, "Come inside, both of you," he said as he motioned for us to go inside after we hugged. It's weird that I've met Josh's family but he hasn't met mine. His family got up and all hugged him in one group hug.

"Josh! You didn't tell us you were coming home!" His mom, Laura, yelled out excitedly.

"That's the point," Josh's muffled voice spoke.

"Come sit with us and tell us about the tour," Ashley spoke as we headed over to the couches.

"So how is it so far?" His dad, Bill, asked from next to Laura.

"It's good, a lot of fun," Josh answered.

"How do you keep your voice good for the next day? Doesn't it ever get sore?"

I shook my head, "Not really, I guess I just have superpowers," Josh chuckled beside me, "nah, I just have to make sure to sleep good, and it doesn't help when you leave the lights on,"

I glared at Josh and he laughed, "Sorry?"

I rolled my eyes, letting a smile of my own show up.

"So any relationships we should know about?" Abby asked changing the subject. We both stopped laughing and sat there stiff, "Are you guys okay? You look nervous."

"Well," Josh started. Let's go, "we actually wanted to tell you guys that we," he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers, "are dating."

"Wait really?" Jordan asked from beside me and I nodded my head. He gave me a side hug, "Congrats guys!"

"Yeah, we're proud of you," Laura said with a smile. I tilted my head down because I could feel my face flush red as I smiled. We talked for a little longer while Josh talked to his parents about something in private. He came back with a smile and so did his parents but he wouldn't tell me. Soon, we decided to leave and say goodbye before we walked out the doors.

"Stay safe!" His mom shouted from the door. I put a thumbs up and Josh waved as we got in his car once again and drove to my house.

"Well that went well," I spoke up and Josh nodded.

"Really well,"

"What did you talk to your paren-"

"Oh look, we're here."

He parked the car in my driveway as he interrupted me. Rude.

The leaves crunched under my shoes as I walked up to the door and took in a deep breath. I rang the doorbell. I heard shuffling then I saw the door open. My breath hitched when I saw Zack and a smile formed. He was really surprised so much that his eyes went wide and his mouth hung open. I put my arms out by my side as he opened the door.

"What is going on?" he asked as he hugged me tightly.

"We're done with tour for a few weeks so we thought we would come and visit our families," I answered. He let go and let us inside where my family was sitting at the table in the dining room. When they saw me, they all stood up and gave me individual hugs until we joined them at the table.

"So you're Josh?" My mom asked Josh.

"Yup," Josh spoke and my mom nodded with a smile.

"Well it's very nice to meet you,"

"You too,"

"I would like to know, how's the tour going?" My dad asked.

"Good, it's really fun but a lot of work goes into it," I answered.

He nodded, "Yeah I can imagine,"

I nodded until Madison asked, "Do you guys live close?"

"Yeah we live in the same apartment complex,"

"Cool,"

"We actually wanted to tell you guys something," I spoke. I wasn't nervous which is surprising.

I grabbed Josh's hand and Madison gasped, "Are you two?"

I nodded, "Yup, we have been for over 2 years now,"

"Wow, that's a long time, but I'm happy for you guys," Zack and Jay both nodded in agreement.

"Thank you-"

"But you didn't tell us, after this long?" my dad spoke up. I gulped when I looked at him.

"Well, we, kinda wanted to surprise you when we got home, to tell you in person,"

He glared, "I don't know,"

"Y-you, you don't know what?"

"Tyler, I thought you, liked girls-"

"Dad! Josh is right here,"

"I know but...."

"What?"

"It's nothing,"