5

(Song: Slowtown; Regional At Best)

"But Josh! I love that song!" I whined and he just chuckled as he sat in shot gun, controlling the music that played from my phone. We were driving to the movie rental place to rent the movie The Conjuring. I've seen it before but Josh hasn't, and he isn't a big fan of scary movies. I mean, he'll watch them but he doesn't enjoy them a lot.

For example, we just saw the movie Lights Out in theaters the other day. The whole time, I watched casually as Josh gripped my arm like I was leaving him forever and didn't want me to go.

"Turn it back!" I yelled as I glared at him before fixing my eyes back on the road. He sighed and put Boulevard Of Broken Dreams back on the phone that was connected through the AUX cord. My face relaxed as I listened to the song.

I glanced over at Josh and he was looking out the window as he watched everything go by. I wish I could do that but I have our own lives at stake right now if I don't watch the road. I heard a tapping sound and I looked over to see Josh tapping his fingers along to the song.

"Is Joshua William Dun tapping his fingers to the beat?" I sarcastically asked with a gasp. He glared at me and I nodded my head smartly before turning back to the road.

"Is Tyler Robert Joseph being annoying? Mhm," he shot back with a smart nod of his own and I rolled my eyes.

I drove a little longer until I pulled into the parking lot to the movie rental place. We got out and walked inside and walked straight to the scary movie section. I looked for the "C"s but Josh beat me to it and picked up the movie. We took it up to the counter and rented it for just the night.

We drove back to my apartment and put the DVD in the player. I plopped down on the couch next to him and waited for the movie as we went through the other movie trailers.

"You better not be lying to me," Josh spoke as it started.

I chuckled, "It's not that scary, promise."

He grumbled under his breath and I continued to chuckle. We watched the movie until one of the jump scares that was closer to the end happened when the mom sees the lady in the music box mirror. When her face popped up, Josh jumped the slightest bit and his grip tightened on my bicep.

I laughed loudly and he pulled away, "Hey, don't laugh."

"I can't help it," I said as I shook his shoulder. He shoved me and I shoved him back. He put his arm around me and I tensed up a little before I relaxed and he pulled me close. We watched the rest of the movie and when I went to go turn off the the DVD player, Josh stopped me from getting up.

I looked at him and saw he was asleep with his head on my shoulder. I smiled and tried to move again but he grumbled and latched on my arm as he pulled me closer. I gave in and forgot about turning off the TV as we both sat on the couch. He started to snore lightly and stirred in his sleep so I thought now was my chance.

I stood up slowly and turned off the TV. I grabbed a blanket and covered him up since he was now laying down where I was sitting. His hat fell off his head so I placed in on the coffee table. I was getting up to leave to my room when he grumbled something and I stopped walking. I turned and looked at him.

"What?" I whispered as I leaned against the couch.

Josh moved a little, "Stay here."

"I can't sleep on the floor,"

"Please."

I sighed and grabbed another blanket from my room and a pillow and laid it out on the floor next to the couch. I covered myself up and I whispered a goodnight to Josh but he was already out. I rolled over and got comfortable.

I'm happy I've met someone like him.