12

(song: Holding On To You; Vessel. Another long chapter so enjoy ^•^)

I stood outside the Starbucks and clicked on Josh's contact before it started to ring.

"Hello?" he asked after 3 rings, but something in his voice didn't sound right.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked and I heard him sniff.

"I..it's-I'm fine-"

"Josh?"

He paused and then sighed in defeat, "Debby and I broke up,"

"Aw, dude, I'm sorry,"

"It's fine, we both decided it was best for us anyways."

Now I don't know if I should tell him, he's so upset. But if Jenna was standing next to me, she would make me go ahead and do it, and I really don't want to let her down.

"I know y-you're not in the best place, right now, but do you want to, maybe, uh, meet up in-in a few, minutes?"

I squeezed my eyes shut waiting for an answer and also mentally scolding myself for being so nervous.

"Yeah, I guess. Where-do you want to meet?" he stuttered. I thought about it and then thought of a fountain nearby.

"The fountain."

I couldn't see him but I knew he was smiling on the other end. That's where we used to meet-up or hang out when we first became friends.

"Okay, I'll see you there," he answered. We both said goodbye before hanging up and I walked to the fountain. It was a pretty long walk but I didn't mind. I sat down on the edge and waited for Josh until I saw a figure come and sit down next to me. It was already starting to get a little dark out so the street lights were lighting up and adding to the effect.

I looked over and saw Josh. I smiled and he did back.

"Hey," he said nervously so I smiled. I looked at his hair and noticed it was now blue.

"You have blue hair now," I pointed out as I stared.

"You like it?" he asked sitting up more straight.

I smiled then I ran a hand through his hair hesitantly and nodded, "Yeah, it's cool,"

"Thanks, I thought about it for a while and I needed a change so," he gestured to his hair. We sat in silence for a little until I was about to speak up but I felt like I had a caged bird trapped in my stomach that was trying to get out. Why am I so nervous?

I opened my mouth but snapped it shut quickly when Josh beat me to it, "So, what did you want to meet up for?"

I looked down at my feet as I swung them back and forth and bit my lip, "I wanted to tell you something.."

I glanced over at him and he stared at me as he waited for an answer. Here goes nothing...

I sighed, "I....wanted to tell you, that I-uh, I like you."

He didn't say anything at first so I looked at him. He looked like he was trying to process something he didn't understand but it changed to a smile, "I like you too."

My eyes got wide and I could feel my face start to burn. I bit my lip with a smile as he did the same.

"I love it when you smile," Josh spoke quietly as his face tinged pink and looked down at his shoes. God we're dorks.

"I love it when you smile," I repeated to him. He smiled as he looked back up.

"Did you drive here?" I asked. He shoved his hands in his pants pockets and shook his head. I nodded for him to follow me and we started walking.

"Well I have to drive my car back home so we'll head over by Starbucks,"

"What were you doing at Starbucks?"

"I met up with Jenna and we talked for a little bit. She's, the one who told me to tell you how I felt, actually."

I heard him chuckle, "Really?"

"Yup," I said as I popped the 'P'.

He chuckled again and I smiled before I felt his hand grab mine and he intertwined our fingers. We swung our arms back and forth as we continued to walk to my car. When we got there, we got in my car and I started it.

After I buckled my seatbelt, I looked back up and he kissed me on the cheek. I gave him a look that said 'what are you doing?' and he scrunched his face with a smile.

"You really like me, don't you?" I squinted and he nodded.

"I really, really, really, really, really, really like you," he sang in an off-key voice on purpose that made me laugh.

"Wow," I clapped sarcastically, "amazing."

"Thank you," he bowed in his seat. I rolled my eyes and I put my hand on the back of his seat as I backed up out of the parking space. I drove back to the apartment as I listened to Josh hum a song in the silence.

"What song are you humming?" I asked as I stopped at a red light.

"Cancer," he replied and I smiled. (I had too)

"By MCR?"

"Yeah, who else?"

I smiled as he scoffed and then I started to hum along with him which turned into singing.

"And if you say,
goodbye today,
I'd ask you to be true," I sang.

"Cause the hardest part of this, is leaving you," We sang in sync on the 'you' and then smiled when we succeeded.

"Cause the hardest part of this, is leaving you."

We ended before we pulled up to the apartment building and I parked in the garage. We both sighed and smiled at each other which then lead to laughs. We unbuckled our seat belts and got out before we walked to my apartment and stopped outside my door.

"So..." I started and Josh raised an eyebrow, "I guess I'll see you later?"

He nodded, "Y-yeah,"

I nodded again and unlocked my door with my key and walked inside. I was about to close the door when Josh held it open, I turned around to face him.

"Can I help you?" I asked, confused, before he quickly leaned in and kissed me. I didn't realize it at first but I slowly melted into it. It was something I couldn't explain. It made the butterflies in my stomach go absolutely crazy and I blushed when he smiled against my lips.

His lips were soft against my bit-up ones. He put his hand on the back of my neck to pull me closer as I placed mine around his neck. It went for a little longer until we both pulled away and the sparks slowly faded. I opened my eyes and our noses were just centimeters away as we rested our foreheads together. I closed my eyes and let a smile form on my face once again.

"Will you go out with me?" he asked quietly with a smirk that changed into a smile. How could I say no? I nodded my head slowly.

"Yes, I will,"

He nodded and gave me a quick peck on the lips before pulling away, "Well, I better go and I'll see you tomorrow. G'night,"

"Night."

He walked away as I closed my door. When he was gone, I leaned my back against the door and let a smile form on my face. I was genuinely happy. I don't get this feeling often. Something about him, makes me want to be around him, and just be by his side. I bit both my lips and thought about the kiss.

I wasn't expecting it but then it was, strange. But it was perfect. The way our lips moved at the same pace and the way he left butterflies in my stomach. Damn. I'm gonna sound obsessed but it's all true. And he's all mine.