Preference - first I love you

Awsten; Your head is drooped on Awsten's shoulder and your arm is wrapped around his stomach. The movie the two of you are watching plays in the background softly, lulling you to sleep. Awsten's hand rubs itself onto the small of your back and he smiles down at you. "You're so cute," he murmurs.

You smile tiredly at him and stifle a yawn. "Not as cute as you."

He shakes his head, tightening his arm around you to give you a small side hug. "No one is cuter than you, Y/N."

You shrug, too tired to "argue" about this. Your eyelids shut and your mind starts to wander, the movie long forgotten. Just before you fall asleep, you hear Awsten's soft voice say, "I love you, baby girl."

Otto; "I love you," you breathe out, breaking the kiss.

Otto's hands are tangled in your hair and his eyes are fixed on you. They widen when he hears your words, and his plump lips get tugged into a smile. "You do?"

You nod, biting your bottom lip softly. Your stomach clenches as you wait for his response. You've been waiting for weeks to work up the courage to tell him this. What if he doesn't feel the same way? What if you've just ruined the relationship?

"That's such a relief," he mutters with a small laugh.

You furrow your eyebrows and look at him, waiting for him to say more.

"I love you too, Y/N." Otto smiles widely and pecks your lips. You catch him in a longer kiss, resuming your previous make-out session.

Geoff; "Why are you so upset about this? It was just one date," you exclaim to your best friend. You had a date last night with a guy from high school that Geoff really doesn't like for some reason.

"Because he's not good for you!" he argues. "He's a fuckboy, Y/N! I remember what he was like in high school with all the girls. You deserve better!"

"Like who?" you demand, growing tired of this. "In case you didn't realise, that was my first date in over a year!"

Geoff's cheeks flush when the next words leave his mouth. "Like me!"

You freeze, staring at him. "What?"

"I ... I'm in love with you, Y/N. I have been for over two years." He looks to his feet. "I was always afraid to say anything, because it might ruin our friendship. But now I just ... I just had to tell you."

You open your mouth slightly, trying to think of a response. You've loved Geoff for as long as you could remember, but you always thought he just liked you as a friend. You never thought the two of you would ever be more than friends, but maybe that's all going to change. "Geoff, I-I love you too."