intro

Hello Everyone! Im shocked that this has even received 100 reads, let alone 700!!!

Im thinking about continuing the story to follow the remaining HP books and incuding Katya in on the upcoming adventures. It will be a lot more detailed to follow the book and so relationships can build. Leave a comment if you would be interested in a second book!

Love you all, Whinny

• • •

To most people family matters. But to the Krum's, family is everything. Katy and her brother Viktor were taught at a very young age that despite their sex difference they must always stand up for one another; even if it was to stare death in the face. The Krum family was loyal like that, and the two had done everything together since as far back as they could remember.

Although quidditch was Viktor's calling and Katya's was potions they shared their knowledge. He was the seeker for both Durmstrang Institute, where Katya was a teammate too as one of the Chasers, and the Bulgarian National Quidditch team. When the two weren't flying around the grounds pushing each other, they were in the library where Katya tried her hardest to help Viktor pass his classes so he could continue to move up.

Katya was excited for this school year. Viktor and she had received a letter from their Headmaster, Igor Karkaroff, who informed them about the resurrection of the Triwizard Tournament; which Viktor immediately knew he would represent Durmstrang as the champion.

Later that week they got their school lists early because due to the World cup finals, which was a week before they went back to school. They followed their parents through the tiny village of Ruse to complete their school shopping. The air was chilly despite it still being summer, so Viktor and Katya walked close together, her hand placed gently on Viktors forearm, mimicking their parents, Gavrail and Elisaveta who walked ahead through the crowded streets.  The wizard town the Krum's lived in was high into the mountains away from any Muggle life, causing it to be cold year round.

"Viktor, what do you think it will be like at Hogwarts." Katya said adjusting the turtleneck of her sweater, something she did through nervous habit.

"There is no way to tell, Katya. Karkaroff has only told me stories about the monsters that surround the castle." Viktor said as the family entered the book shop.

"You don't think the Tournament will involve any of those monsters?, do you?" She asked letting go of her brothers arm while she started to stack the books required and then some different potion books that she had yet to come across on an invisible shelf that followed her around through the store.

"My dear Katya, one more book and your eyes will pop out from all that reading!" Gavrail said, smiling through his thick beard, breaking the converstion.

"Just trying to keep myself busy while Viktor is gone. Something to keep me from worrying."

Gavrail and Elisaveta exchanged looks of pride before smiling back at to Katya. Her fathers hand touched her shoulder and he half bent his large frame so his eyes had come level with hers.

"There is no need for you to worry, my dear, for I know you will be right there with him." He said.

His words were so simple that they could easily confuse the person being spoken too. Gavrail had a way of speaking where every sentence was almost a riddle. Some times they were easy to detect, but most the time Katya would spend days racking her brain over something he had said.

After nearly an hour of raiding the potions store for both refills and new ingredients to add into Katya's collection, the family stopped by the towns animal store so Viktor could get his red footed falcon a new cage, since the bird broke the last one. When Viktor turned 11 and was about to enter Durmstrang for the first time he decided the animal he wanted to bring with him was an abnormally large red footed falcon, which he so cleverly named Cherven, which means red. Unlike Viktor, Katya had no earthly idea what animal she wanted to take with her when it was her time to go. Half way through Viktor's first year, Katya sat by the fire thinking hard about what animal it would be that she would want to confide in for the rest of her life. She thought about how Viktor got Cherven because it was something that he could fly with, and bond in the sky. That same night during a horrible snow storm, a wounded dark brown wolf pup, with paws already the size of tea saucers had accidentally wondered into the Krum household. After nursing the pup back to health and writing a note to Headmaster Karkaroff, they had granted Katya permission to allow the giant wolf, now named Vûlk into the walls of Durmstrang.

•  •  •

The Krums entered their house and immediately Viktor and Katya went to their room to clean out and restock their red school trunks. Vûlk laid on Katya's bed, one huge paw crossing the other watching her closely, knowing where it was they were were about to go.

Are you ready to go back Vûlk?

Katya thought. Being able to Communicate with Vûlk was a hidden power of hers, that only her close family knew about. She hadn't been able to communicate with any other animal so her parents didn't know if it was Vûlk with the special power, Katya, or if it was something that had risen up between the two of them since they were both so loyal to each other.

Its been too long, Katya. Vûlk thought back to her, wagging his tail lightly.

"Katya, I got you something." Viktor said interrupting the start of their conversation by entering the room, Cherven sitting on his shoulder.

Katya sat up and caught the small brown paper wrapped parcel and shook it once before opening it. Inside laid a Krum jersey that looked exactly like Viktors robes. A small laugh came from Katya as she shook her head looking over to Viktor, who now sat on the bed sctratching Vûlk.

"This is perfect thank you." she said giving her brother a hug, making sure not to knock Cherven off from his shoulder.

"Thought a new one was long over due." He said before walking back into his own room, where he would soon find sleep and dream of their travel to the World Cup Finals that would take place the next day.