the golden egg

The morning after the ball Katya made her way out of the ship and to the castle in some of her warmest cloths, convinced that she caught a cold walking through the snow the night before, but her mood instantly perked when she saw Fred laughing with his brother at the table. As she took her seat by him, Hermione took the liberty to tell Katya about what had happened between her and Ron the night before.

"He was acting so over dramatic going on and on about how I was a traitor for going with Viktor and it made me so angry it just ruined my entire night." She said, taking the liberty of Ron not being here yet to complain out loud.

"Have you ever thought Ron might like you?" Katya said receiving a nod from Ginny, who sat beside her.

"No. Not possible. He's just being like this because he's upset with himself for being so rude to Harry. But even Harry said he didn't care but Ron continued." Katya shrugged at Hermione not really knowing what else to say about the situation. Thankfully Fred was there though, his hand placed on Katyas, which she held onto in her lap.

"Did you have fun last night Ginny? I saw you there, you looked gorgeous!" Katya said making Ginny blush and Hermione smile.

"We had so much fun, Im really glad I got to go." She said with a sweet smile.

The five, and eventually Harry and Ron when they came down, Ron still sulking, sat int he Great hall almost all day just talking and laughing- mainly about how poor of a dancer George was, Until Dumbledore came up to the group. Katya smiled up to him as he looked around the table before landing his eyes on her. At first she thought it was because he saw her and Fred holding hands, but when he asked Katya to join him in the same room he took the champions into their second night here she knew it had to be something different.

"Miss Krum," Dumbledore started inviting her to sit while he poured the her some tea. "It has come to my attention that your brother as a particular interest in Hermione Granger, is this true?" He asked raising his eyebrows and looking over his half moon glasses.

"Yeah, he took her to the ball." Katya said, not sure where this was going.

"Well, Miss Krum, do you think that she hold a special place in his heart?" He asked, Katya now extremely confused.

"Um, I guess. I mean he was talking about inviting her to visit us, if thats what your talking about?" She said taking a nervous sip of her tea.

"One more thing. Its true you have an irrational fear of swimming in deep water, correct?"

Now Katya was extremely confused. How did Dumbledore know about her fear? Yes, Katya could sail all day and night, but the moment it came to swimming in dark water panic would set into Katya's chest. But how would he know? Viktor and her parents were the only ones who knew that about her.

"Yeah, it is." She said carefully.

"Very well, thats all." He said smiling and sanding, waiting for Katya to do the same. As he led her out of the room her head was spinning with questions that she knew he couldn't answer- or wouldn't answer. Fred seemed to catch on that she was weirded out and took her hand once again.

"What did he want?" Fred asked.

"Katya, are you okay?" Hermione said putting her hand on Katya's arm.

"Did I ever tell any of you about my fear of water or does Dumbledore just know everything about anyone who walks through these doors?" She said looking around the table.

"You're afraid of the water?" George laughed, stopping when Fred kicked him from under the table.

"Dumbledore pulled you aside to ask about your fear of water?" Hermione asked in a lower tone seeing as a few of the others who had made their way in for lunch started to look.