october

Katya sat in the common room on the 20th of October waiting for her brother to come down from his room as it was almost time for them to leave. Once he made his way down, knowingly taking his time just to make everyone wait, he offered his arm to Katya who slipped her red cloak over her shoulders before accepting Viktors arm once again, Vûlk trotting on her heels. He led her out of the common room and down to the grand entrance where the whole school waited. The group shook as many hands as possible and the boys nodded their heads accepting the luck being thrown their was while Katya blew soft kisses to her few close friends before they exited the doors of the castle into the bitter mountain air where they all followed Igor to the large boat that floated waiting for them to arrive.

The inside of the boat had completely changed since they were in last. The separate rooms that held red velvet benches with a large table in the middle had turned into luxurious suits, each persons name had been placed on a brass plaque and nailed to the door, indicating which was their room. The room the group now stood in worked as a common room with multiple red couches and chairs, tables, chess sets, and a grand fire place that, to Katya's surprise, had already been lit and sent a warm light through out the lower deck.

"It will be a long trip- captain predicts ten days at the least. Inside you room you will find you're personal belongings. When we get to Hogwarts we will be sleeping on the boat, but eating in their dining hall and attending their classes. Katya, you will be in charge of translating since you know the best english. I expect all of you to be on your best behavior, we will not be leaving Hogwarts viewed as a bunch of idiots. Aright, to bed with all of you." Igor said, and with that Katya opened the door next to Viktor's. A soft gasp escaped her lips as she walked into a room a lot bigger than what she expected. The room had high mahogany walls and floors with a huge round carpet in the middle. A large king bed rested on the wall opposite from the door. There was a fire place to the left of the bed and another door to the right. Katya walked curiously to the door and pushed it slightly to revel a large bathroom with a shower and a bathtub. Katya smiled to Vûlk who was already laying on the bed, watching her with excited eyes and she explored.

Katya laid in bed with a book she had brought about Hogwarts and read, turning pages with one hand while the other softly stroked the light grey fur of the animal who had fallen asleep hours ago. She didn't know what time it was but when Vûlk's deep voice interrupted her reading to tell her the sun was almost up she cursed throwing the book to the floor and rolled onto her stomach facing the fire that she used her mind to bring down to a low glow.

They arrived at Hogwarts exactly ten days later, and when the boat began to surface they each ran to their rooms to look out the small circular window that they usually only looked out to see deep creatures lurking along the boat. This time, they looked to see a large castle sitting on top of a cliff that met the lake they were now sailing in. A large man who was struggling with, what Katya assumed were the large winged horses of Beauxbaton, waved at the boat before walking around to the side, leading the horses.

"The plan!" Igor shouted causing everyone to enter the common room. "We will get dressed for the feast they have prepared for us and the other school as soon as I'm done talking. I want you all in your brown uniforms. When we enter the great hall we will enter like any event. Got it? Good, off we go."

Katya was ready wearing her brown leather pants, turtleneck, thigh high boots, brown leather coat that had a fur collar and a fur box hat that was placed over her long brown wavy hair. Walking out of her room she once again linked her arm through Viktor's. The school was huge. A prefect, who's name already slipped from Katya's memory led them up the hill and through a large set of wooden doors that once they had entered they could already hear a booming voice letting the Hogwarts students know about the new students that had just arrived.