hogsmeade

That weekend Katya and the rest of the Durmstrang students as well as the Beauxbatons students were invited to visit the small wizard town that sat outside Hogwarts gates. Immediately Katya found Fred and George, who were now flanked by Hermione, Ron and Harry. They walked into the town feeling especially happy to be leaving the walls of Hogwarts. Katya could hardly keep her head on straight as Fred, who she was holding onto for warmth, and George started to talk her ear off about the joke shop that they insisted on going to first.

"We like to see what they come up with to give us ideas on our own stuff." Fred said.

"And if we see something that we would want in our shop we figure out how to make it and then better it for ourselves." George finished.

"Im sure you'll put them out of business one day" Katya joked, smiling up to Fred who had a huge grin on his face.

They led Katya into the Zonko's and out of the snow, and even though she couldn't see how a joke shop could be that interesting, the bright crowded room took her breath away. Fred and George begin showing things to Katya.

"These are one of my favorites, gets mum every time we bring one home." Fred said showing her a Nose-Biting teacup. Katya held her finger to the rip and watched the cup sink porcelain teeth into her finger.

"Clever." She said shaking her finger and putting the sample cup back on the shelf.

Katya watched as Fred and George scurried through the shop through ideas back and forth to each other when she saw Hermione's brown hair bobbing towards her.

"They are obsessed with this place." She said coming to stand by her.

"I can see how it would be great inspiration." Katya said taking one of the cups and walking with Hermione to the front where she paid for the cup and tucked it away. "Lets see if I can get them." Katya said with a smirk causing Hermione to laugh.

"Harry, Ron and I are going to the Three Broomsticks, you guys should meet us there when the kids stop running around the shop."Hermione said as Harry and Ron approached, giving Katya a wave.

"Definitely. Lets see if I can find them first." Katya said looking around the shop for the twins.

Hermione waved bye before heading back out into the snowy street and Katya set off towards the twins as soon as she spotted them. Fred snaked an arm around Katya's neck and placed a soft kiss on her forehead while they waited for George to finish paying for the bag of jokes he'd picked up and soon they were off to the next shop they wanted to show Katya before they met up with the others.

Honeydukes was their next stop, and this shop truly impressed Katya. Her eyes scaled the walls that were stacked with candies of all sorts and smiled. This is the kind of shop that would give her Father a heart attack if he ever knew it existed, so naturally, Katya bought a bit of the most popular stuff to send back to her father, who would absolutely love it.

"My dad, as mean as he might look, is truly a kid." Katya started as they waited in line. "Love shops like this, even Zonko's he'd love." She said smiling more to herself than anyone else at the thought of her dad. With all of them holding their bags they made their way back out to the street that seemed to be even whiter than when they arrived to Hogsmeade, and shuffled down to the Three Broomsticks where Katya instantly saw Hermione, fists balled and shouting at a poorly dressed woman with blonde hair and glasses.

"Whoa whoa, Hermione!" Katya said stepping forward to stop her from punching the woman, which she looked like she was about to do.

"Ah, and who must you be?" The woman said, smirking at Katya.

"That is none of your business." She said, now recognizing the woman as Rita Skeeter.

"Oh! That accent must mean your from Durmstrang, not pretty enough to be from Beauxbatons is it? Never mind, you're Krum's younger sister, aren't you?" She asked as her hand reached for a quill.

"Everything I say and do is off the record to you, and if I see anything as a brief description about me in something you write I will have you fired so quickly you're head will spin." Katya sid angrily as she stepped in front of Hermione. "Now, if you please go bug someone else."

Rita looked shocked- angry almost, as Katya said the three words that could kill any reporters reputation. Katya raised her eyebrows at the woman who still stood shocked in front of her and didn't let her face relax until Rita turned and walked away to where she sat, head in hands, in a chair where her ugly green cloak and matching handbag sat.

"Nasty woman that is." Fred said as they sat down at the table and ordered their drinks. While everyone else at the table ordered their butter beers Katya couldn't help but order a Red currant rum, which because she didn't have the same rules as the Hogwarts students, could get away with drinking the alcoholic beverage.

"This is the only thing we drink back home," Katya started as their drinks were placed in front of them. "Its so cold that the only thing that keeps you warm is rum. I've been driking it since I was 12." She laughed, the rum warming her body instantly.

"12!" Fred exclaimed, his eyes wide.

"Well not straight! Usually they'd mix a little bit into hot chocolate or something. Not till last year did I start really drinking it." Katya said, chuckling at their stunned faces.

They left the Three Broomsticks and headed back to the castle as soon as they finished their drinks, mainly so they could get away from Rita Skeeter, who even though they knew would leave at lease Katya alone, was still trying to listen to their conversation.

Katya was happy to be away from the tournament. The stress of it all was really getting to her so it was nice to be able to spend the day with her new friends, especially Fred who she was growing quite fond of. Her and Fred had been getting closer since the ball and even though it was unspoken, they were in a relationship. Fred had invited Katya to visit him for a while over the summer, which Katya happily accepted, thinking about what it would be like to finally get to spend more days like the one they just had.

As soon as Viktor made it back into the ship he found Katya, who was laying on her fur blanket and ready for bed. He sat beside her and Katya began to explain the egg and the riddle it had given her. She told him how they would soon be working on transfiguring himself into a shark so he would not only be able to breath under water, but also hopefully scare off the Grindylow.

"Ill be teaching you the Revulsion Jinx just incase that doesn't work." She told him. Katya decided to skip the part where she thought the thing he'd be seeking was Hermione. She knew if she reviled her theory he would get angry and demand them change that part, which wouldn't really go in his favor.

The next morning they spent all day by the lake, Viktor waist deep in the water trying to transfigure himself and by the time dinner rolled around he had done it successfully about ten times, as well as perfect the Revulsion Jinx.