hermione

It didn't take long to realize that Hermione were in all the classes Karkaroff had chosen for Katya to sit in on. They started off the day in Herbology- the short stout woman happened to be fascinated with Bulgaria so Katya spent the extra time they had before class started to teach her how to say the names properly.

As more students filed down the hill toward the green house they crowded in, Katya could help but feel out of place in this class- her cloak being bright red in a sea of black ones. Professor Sprout was just about to finish her introduction when three boys slammed the door open causing everyone's attention to break.

"Tardy again, Mr. Malfoy?"

Katya scoffed feeling Malfoy's eyes lingering on her.

"Miss Krum, at your school what is it they do when students are tardy?" She added.

"Usually if your a few seconds late they hang you by your toes in the doorway, but if the professor had already begun the lesson... All I know is they are taken under the castle and when they aren't seen for the rest of the day." She said with a stern voice, hoping Sprout would send Malfoy off.

___

"My school revolves around the Dark arts," Katya started to Harry, Ron, and Hermione as they walked to their potions class, Katya trying her best to include Harry and Ron into one conversation since they apparently weren't talking. "But we learn how to control it. Not quite defend it like you do here, but use the dark arts well."

"What do you mean by control it?" Harry asked.

"So take the Cursiotus curse. I've now learned how to repel it, so if someone is trying to use it on myself or someone around me, I can block it. It's the same as a patronus- which I've heard you can conjure a pretty mean one, Harry."

When they rounded the last corner to their potions class Katya saw Malfoy standing with a group of his house members laughing at something. When they caught eye of the group walking towards them Malfoy turned so they could now see the buttons they wore reading 'Diggory is the real Hogwarts champion' and Malfoy made sure they knew that when you press the center they change to 'Potter Stinks'. Katya could tell this made Harry mad, as it should, but everyone's anger level rose when he once again called Hermione a mud blood.

Katya reached for her wand to threaten Malfoy once again but stopped when Harry beat her to it. In result of Malfoy also pulling his wand and their unison incantation of two different curses hit each others and bounced off of one another.

"Duck!" Katya yelled bending over, but before her words registered with Hermione, Malfoy's curse hit Hermione in the face causing her teeth to start growing, while one of Malfoy's minions face began to burst with boils.

"Thats enough." Katya said pulling her wand and stepping to Malfoy. He started to whimper when she the wand across his throat, eyes blazing with anger.

"Miss Krum." A sulky voice said from behind her.

"Next time you'll wish he was here to save you." She whispered shoving the wand against his throat before turning to see Severus Snape standing with his cloaked arms crossed.

As Ron explained what happened to Snape, Katya couldn't help but roll her eyes at the face Snape was giving her friend. Snape was another person that didn't sit well with her family. She watched as he pretended to listen, send the boy with boils to the hospital, and then very knowingly insulted Hermione causing her to turn away crying.

"How dare you insult her." Katya said, Snape's face showing a bit of fear as she stepped to his face, wand pointed at him. She waked by him, her shoulder hitting his, and ran off after Hermione who was now sitting on a bench trying to hide her teeth that had now pasted her neck line.

"Come. I could fix it but I don't think you want a reason to go back to class." Katya said pulling Hermione into a gentle hug then took her hand leading her towards the infirmary.

"Whats going on out here?" Fred said as he and George walked up to Katya who sat with her head in her hand as Hermione got her teeth fixed.

"Malfoy and Harry shot some curses that bounced off each other. Malfoy's hit Hermione in the face." She said looking unimpressed and tired. The twins face both broke into ones worry but Katya shook her head. "She's unharmed beside the fact that her teeth are growing nonstop and Snape basically called her ugly in front of her whole class." She said still shaking her head as Fred sat beside her.

The three began talking about the tournament to lighten the mood when Fred dropped some very interesting information.

"My brother Charlie is coming into town in three days, says he has a secret package for Hogwarts." He started.

"What does your brother do?" Katya asked politely.

"Studies Dragons- out in Romania. Almost had his face burnt off the other-"

"Dragons..." Katya started thinking. Why would his brother, who studies dragons be bringing a secret 'package' for Hogwarts a few days before the first task. Then it clicked.

"You don't suppose your brother would be bringing Dragons to Hogwarts for the tournament do you?" Katya said placing her hand on Fred's forearm. At that moment George spoke up.

"Think he is? Told me they were doing some test on how they lived over here or something." George said crossing his arms.

Katy's eyes went wide and she apologized before running the opposite direction, her red cloak flying behind her. She ran back to the ship to find Igor was there reading by the fire like he normally was. She tried talking through her heavy breath but Igor insisted she waited, leading her to a chair that was next to his own.

"Dragons," She finally said catching her breath. "I think the first task is dragons."

"What makes you think that." Igor asked, Viktor now entering the room to see why the door had banged open.

"I was talking to a friend- who's brother studies Dragons, he is coming here to deliver a 'package' to Hogwarts. I asked him about it when his twin brother reviled that the brother told him they were bringing Dragons over to study how they live in this area of the world."

"Suspicious." Igor started. "See if you can find a confirmation and start thinking of ideas Viktor can use to beat the dragon."

Katya walked with a quick step, Viktor following behind her, trying to make her way to the library when she ran into Hermione who had just been released from the hospital.

"Hey, where were you?" She asked.

"I think I know what the first task is." Katya said looking from her to Ron, who stood behind her now looking sick. "You don't know anything do you?"

Ron cocked his head indicating her to follow him, which she did leaving Viktor and Hermione behind.

"I told Charlie to tell the twins the same story but he must have forgotten what he originally said." Ron said in a hushed tone as they rounded a corner to enter a deserted hallway. "But since you've already figured it out I might as well tell you. They have brought over four Dragons- you can imagine how upset they were when they were told they would have to catch a fourth- but anyways, each dragon is of a different breed, don't know which but all I know is they have been given a gold egg to protect and that egg holds the next clue." Ron said, still looking like he wanted to be sick.

Katya nodded before patting Ron's shoulder and began to walk away.

"Oh by the way, you're being stupid by ignoring Harry. This wasn't his fault and you should be a good friend and warn him. He's in way over his head." Katya said before turning, her cape once again fanning out, and left him to think about what it was she had just said.