dragons

Despite the unfortunate events of Harry being chosen and the obnoxious buttons that were wondering around the school putting him down, the mood had once returned to its light feeling of excitement. Viktor followed Katya everywhere as he begged her to decide which curse to use so she could start teaching it to him, which means that his usual followers were tailing close behind, giggling at every word he said in Bulgarian.

"Do they ever leave you alone." Katya said in english loud enough for the girls to hear and send her dirty looks.

"Nikoga." (never) He said shaking his head and flexing his jaw.

"Ill decide on one and we will work on it tonight." She said in Bulgarian so the girls would stop trying to listen in on their conversation. Thankfully Fred had made his way over to her, smiling like he usually was, and took her hand. Put off by the action of his sister holding hands of a lanky British boy he stormed off taking his fleet of girls with him.

It didn't take Katya long to come to the conclusion that the easiest way for Viktor to receive his egg would be to shrink the dragon down to the size of a mouse. Of course, Viktor thought this to be boring so Katya hit him with a blinding spell but soon stormed off, telling him he can figure it out on his own. She felt bad for leaving him alone on this, despite knowing that Igor would help him. Fred could tell cause as they sat at lunch together Katya kept tugging at the turtleneck of her uniform.

"It just aggravates me that he brings me along to help him win this and yet he refuses my help because he knows I'm right." Katya complained, now tugging at the corset belt that connected her leather pants to her black sweater. "Why he thinks he knows better then I just baffles me. I just wish it didnt bother me as much as it does."

Fred convinced her to take a deep breath, pointing out the fact that she was only this upset because she was worried about her brother, which she knew he was right. Katya sulked anyways, continuing to tug at her uniform. Tomorrow was the first task and she was just scared her brother wouldn't be able to perform the curse right, resulting in his defeat.

__

Tomorrow came and Katya met Hermione, Fred, George, Ron and Ginny by the greenhouse so they could walk to the stadium all together. A few of the Durmstrang boys saw her and joined their group so they could all watch Viktor together, but almost immediately after finding their seats, Katya stood up, fixed the oversized Durmstrang sweater that she had stolen from Viktor and made her way back down the stairs, almost running to the tent where she barged in and ran straight up to Viktor who pulled her into a hug, chuckling softly.

"I knew you'd come around." He said with a smile, making sure his back was to the others so they couldn't see he had any other emotion other than the harsh face he normally wore.

"I hate you." Katya started crossing her arms over to see Harry, who was now hugging Hermione; she obviously had the same Idea she had. "Promise you'll be safe."

"I promise. I have no doubt in my mind that I will get through."

After watching him pull the scarlet Chinese Fireball Katya gave her brother one last hug before joining Hermione outside the tent. They trekked back up to their friends and watched on the edge of their seats as both Cedric and Flur defeated their dragons. Viktor was next, and even though Hermione was rooting for Hogwarts, Katya could tell she was just as nervous about Viktor making it through.

Katya folded her long red coat over her body for warmth before tucking her arm through Fred's watching carefully, making sure she didnt blink as he walked straight up to the dragon. The moment the beast opened its mouth towards her brother she clenched to Freds side, only taking a deep breath after she heard his voice echo through the stands the Conjunctivitus Curse she had left him with. She watched as the beast started to screech, flailing its neck and stumbling as Viktor ran towards it, dodging its tail and large feet to grab the egg. It was almost instantly after his hands touched the gold egg that the monster stumbled back crushing the spot with the remaining eggs. This caused Katya to jump, letting out a short scream for she thought for a split second that he had been under the foot.

The crowd roared when he appeared running back up the stone hill he had slid down to reach the egg, hoisting it over his head as the creature crashed to the ground behind him causing the whole stadium to shake. Katya jumped up screaming and clapping along with the other Durmstrang boys who sat behind her. They all hugged speaking in Bulgarian quickly, talking about how great Viktor's victory was.

It wasn't until Harry stepped to the field, looking small and scared, did they all sit down and stop their chatter.

"That sounded so confusing." Fred whispered with a smile referring to the language that had been surrounding him.

"Ill teach you a few words some time." Katya said smiling to him before taking his hand in hers and turning her attention back to Harry.

It was hard not to feel scared for him as he jumped from rock to rock trying to avoid the fiery breath of the angry Dragon. It was also hard not to jump and worry as he jumped to his broom and took off, taking the Dragon with him. The stadium fell silent as Harry flew out of the arena. Every set of ears were listing, trying to hear if there were any screams through the now fading screech of the dragon. Katya could see the other three champions run from the tent of they sat in to see if he had died or not. What felt like hours passes and Hermione looked as if she was going to be sick as she clenched to Ron's arm, searching the skies for any trace of Harry or the Dragon.

There was one last screech before the sound of stone breaking rang through the stadium and soon Harry, who looked just as shaken as the rest of the crowd watching, came shooting over the wall of the stadium. It didnt matter who anyone was rooting for, the entire stadium broke into screams and thundering waves of clapping as he reached the egg. Everyone was clearly just glad that no one had died this soon into the tournament.

That night Durmstrang celebrated. Karkaroff had sent an elf to get wine, and the rest of the night Katya sang and laughed with her brother and school mates. It wasn't until Katya decided to open the golden egg that sat in the corner on one of the red plush chairs did the party come completely to a quiet roar as she tried her hardest with drunk fumbling hands to close the egg that sat on her lap screeching.

"What was that!" One of the boys shouted at her.

"No clue." She said setting it back down.

Even though the party had seemed to pick back up Katya couldn't stop flipping the egg over in her hands again and again until Viktor forcefully took it from her hands and locked it into his room so she was able to relax once again and join in on the celebration.