remembering cedric

Though Katya's parents insisted on taking her with them home the day after the cup Katya and Viktor wanted nothing more then to remain with their new found friends to honor Cedric. Though they didn't know him, both still watched him through out the entire competition. Viktor felt especially bad since he had been cursed by Moody's imposter to stun Cedric.

"Iv Harry had just left, Cedric vould still be alive." Viktor said shaking his head the next morning. "'E vould 'ad ended up stunned like the vest of us and vould still be here."

"This isn't in any way your fault. Viktor." Hermione said placing her hand on his arm as he shook his head.

All of them felt guilty as the tables they sat at filled with food for their last feast there. Katya could tell the house elves must have heard about Cedric as this feast had been filled with comfort foods. Katya couldn't help but think that the death of Cedirc was hanging above them all as the Great hall was now filled with black banners. No one around her seemed up to eating so sooner than usual Dumbledore stood causing Cedrics house to all start sniffling as he was a friend to everyone.

As Dumbledore spoke about the reason for Cedric passing, Katya could see her mothers expression of terror though the corner of her eye, and her father stiffen at hearing the Dark Lords name. It wasn't until at the end of Dumbledores speech about that night when he brought up Karkaroff's fleeing did Gavrail blink harshly. Viktor, who had also been watching Gavrail, looked o Katya with an almost scared look on his face as they could see the anger boiling in their father. But his anger subsided for a hot second when he stood with the rest of the school, professors, and parents of the Champions to toast to Cedric, and then again to Harry.

The end of the feast felt weird. Katya was going back home and away from the best friends she had ever had. She held onto Hermione the longest, both of them trying to sniffle back tears and making promises to visit one another and to keep in constant contact.

"You girls only be avay for few short month. Katya vill be coming to 'Ogvarts next year." Gavrail said with a spark in his eyes.

"What?" Both Hermione and Katya said confused.

"No daughter of mine vill be attending school of scaredy cat traitor." Gavrail said and for the first time since the third task Katya and her new best friends all smiled.

"Mrs. Veasley, I 'ope you don't mind if Katya come day before train leave?" Elisavetta asked as her and Mrs. Weasley exchanged addresses so they can also stay in touch.

"She's welcome any time." She said pulling Elisavetta into a hug.

Katya then turned excitedly towards Fred who beamed at her, obviously hearing what it was they were talking about and pulled her into a hug.

"Maybe I can convince mum for you to come longer before." He said as he held her in a hug.

"Please. And ill see if you can come visit this summer too." Katya said smiling as he pulled her into a gentle kiss.

"Ill see you soon." He said letting go so she could walk back down the hill away from the castle and towards a different ship that her parents brought to come here. From the boat she could still see the Weasley's, Harry and Hermione waving at them from the top of the hill and it wasn't until the Ship went under the water did Katya turn away from the window.

"What a year." Her brother said putting an arm around her shoulder.