rita skeeter

The following few weeks Katya kept waking up late. The events from the night of the second task kept flooding through her head, keeping her up all night. First it was the dark mark, then it was an obvious reason to believe someone important within the Ministry of Magic was being attacked and could now be dead.

Katya walked into the great hall looking like she hadn't slept in days, and she really hasn't. Every hour or so her racing mind would wake her up and it would repeat itself every time she was able to finally fall asleep. Because Katya would wake up so often Vûlk was kept up too, so now not only Katya was in a grouchy mood, so was Vûlk. Katya made her way down to were Fred sat and placed a lousy kiss on the top of his head before sitting down beside him and taking his hand.

"Where's Hermione?" Katya said looking around at the usual group.

"In the Hospital." Harry said with a grimace.

"What happened?" Katya said, not seeing the pile of paper that seemed to have been dropped haphazardly on the empty plate that sat across from Ron.

"She's been getting hate mail. Look, Skeeter wrote an article on her." Ron said handing Katya the paper.

Reading as fast as she could she scanned the page reading Rita Skeeter's words about the supposed love triangle between Harry Hermione and Viktor. Katya Crumpled the paper and threw it on the floor behind her. She was already in a bad mood and this just set her over the edge. She started to fill her plate with food but eventually was too angry to eat. This article was apparently published before the second task, so why was Katya just hearing about it? She stood, grabbed the rest of the mail and threw it in the fire causing a loud bang and crackling before storming out of the Great Hall without another word and went straight to the Hospital wing where she found Hermione sitting on one of the beds with tear stained cheeks and bandaged covered hands.

"Are you okay?" Katya said trying to cool off as she sat across from Hermione.

"You know its not true right?" Hermione asked, ignoring Katya's question.

"What makes you think I would ever believe anything that horrid woman would say?" Katya said smiling at Hermione who chuckledand wiped her cheeks with her arms.

"I threw the rest of it away. I wouldn't open any more just to be careful." Katya said petting Vûlk who had just showed up.

They left the Hospital a little while later and decided to ignore the fact that they had missed their morning classes. Katya and Hermione walked down to Hagrid's, Vûlk trotting behind them He loved going to Hagrid's and sometimes would go without her so he could play with the large Boar hound who lived in the cottage. Hagrid was outside finishing up his Care of Magical Creatures class, but stopped to welcome Hermione and Katya back before dismissing them.

"Hate mail! even if it were true, who cares!?" Hagrid said ponding the large teapot onto the table. Harry and Ron jumped at the angry gesture, but Katya and Hermione just shook their head.

"I want to know how she got onto the grounds. and found out about Viktor telling me what he did." Hermione said, her cheeks getting red.

"Well if she's in Hogsmeade next time we go you all need to tell her everything you do is off the record. Im having Viktor send her a message saying if one more thing is written by him he's going to press charges." Katya said stirring her tea.

"I just want to find out how she's going about it." Hermione said looking down.

"Maybe she has an invisibility cloak?" Ron said.

"No, Moody would've seen her on the dock." Harry said shaking his head.

"What if she's an Animagus then?" Ron suggested.

"No, She would have been registered." Hermione said.

"My dad and his friends were never registered, Hermione." Harry said leaning forward.

After saying bye to Hagrid the four walked back towards the castle for lunch before their last classes. Hermione was feeling better as she scanned the ground for something Rita could have turned into.

It took the rest of the month and then some for Hermione to find out what was happening. Katya was training Viktor for the maze of creatures he had to face as Hermione was helping Harry so they only ever saw each other at meal times.

"You need to make sure he knows the Four- Point spell. Its the only way he won't end up wondering around the hedges." Katya said to Hermione as they walked out of the Hall together Harry, Ron, Viktor and the twins following close behind. They were all making their way back to their rooms when Draco popped up out of no where with a smug grin on his face and his two troll friends behind him.

"Ah, The lovers are here! All three of them!" He said chuckling as he crossed his arms. He must have not seen Katya for when she spoke up his face turned from smug to scared.

"How long did it take you to come up with that one?" She asked stepping forward as if to challenge him.

"Get out of my face." He said baring his teeth.

"Oh, Why? Are you scared of me or something? Im just a little girl, you know." Katya said mocking a conversation her and Fred had over heard Draco having with his posse. Fred and George snorted trying to hold in their laugh causing Draco's face to turn bright red.

"I said get out of my face." He said pulling out his wad. Katya waved her hand to causing his wand go flying into the air.

"Don't you dare point a wand at me or any of my friends." She started stepping closer to him. "And if you ever even look at one of us again while I'm here you'll be regretting it." She whispered snapping her fingers and handing what Draco thought was his wand back. The hall bursted into laughter as the Wand Draco tried putting away turned into a loud screeching rubber duck. He looked at Katya once more furious before throwing the twins gag wand on the floor. He picked up his real wand and stormed off.

"Those fake wands are brilliant." Katya said, Laughing for the first time in quite few days as she linked her arm with Fred and walk back down to the ship.

The next day Katya was sitting in the Library with Vûlk when Hermione came running in with a huge smile on her face.

"I figured it out! Rita is an Animagus-" She stopped quickly when Vûlk stood and barred his teeth at her growling his loud growl.

"Vûlk its Hermione!" Katya said staring confused at her Wolf.

Get the bug out of her hair.

Just then Katya looked up to Hermione who had a fat black beetle tangled in her thick hair. Katya stood and passed Vûlk quietly before grabbing a hand full of hair causing Hermione to shriek.

"I present you Rita Skeeter. You dumb bitch." Katya said holding the bug around its middle so as hard as it tried to escape it couldn't.

"Look! Its her glasses!" Hermione said stepping closer to look at the bug, Vûlk still growling at the bug in Katya's hands.

The two looked at each other with excited expressions before Hermione pulled out an old bottle which they charmed then shoved Rita in. Packing up Katya followed Hermione out of the Library and into the Great Hall where they expected to see Harry and Ron so they could tell them but they weren't there.

"He must be preparing for tonight." Hermione said. Katya looked around and Viktor wasn't there either.

"Well I guess we'll tell them after the last task."