invitations

Katya spent the next two days in the library figuring out what would be the best charm to use on a Dragon and thankfully had narrowed it down to four spells, listing the pros and cons of each one.

"Katya, Im going down by the lake to study, want to come?" Hermione said peering around the shelf of books. Nodding, Katya followed Hermione away from the the table she sat at and down to the large lake that rested at the bottom of the castle after shoving her parchment into the book she was using. Sitting down on a log, Hermione and Katya pulled what they were working on out and began to resume what they had left off in the library.

Katya was in the middle of trying to get Hermione's opinion on each curse when the sound of girls giggling made them both look up. Katya rolled her eyes at the students who were following her brother down the beach as he stretched his way towards them. She smiled when his gaze fell onto her and Hermione.

"He fancies you." Katya said causing Hermione to look down, blushing.

"Im serious, he's always asking me about you." She said causing Hermione's ears to redden.

Katya sat at dinner with her now normal group when one of the professors she only ever saw at meals made her way to the front of the room. She clapped her hands twice to get everyones attention, looked around the room once and then began to speak.

"This year, as a Triwizard tournament tradition, Hogwarts will host the Yule Ball, which is first and foremost, A dance-" she began, the hall now erupting with chatter, mainly from the girls. "Tomorrow, each head of house will hold a meeting where they will explain the Ball in greater detail so be prepared." She said clapping her hands once more before walking back to her seat.

"That must be what the dress robes are for." Katya overheard Fred saying. As she sat there she secretly hopped Fred would ask her to the ball so she didnt have to end up going to the ball with one of her classmates, or worse- her brother.

The next day Katya and Hermione sat lost in the many isles of books after Hermione's class meeting that resulted in their Head of House teaching them the The Champions Waltz. As they talked about the Waltz and Hermione even showed Katya a few of the steps as Karkaroff had yet to show them, Hermione helped Katya find every detail about the shorten list of curses they could fine when a dark figure standing at the end of the row caught Katya's eye. She immediately pinned the figure as her brother who quickly pointed to himself, then Hermione, than her. She got the gist and moved Hermione to the next row and watched through the books as Viktor slipped a piece of parchment into one of her school books that sat on the table.

"Whats this?" Hermione said a little later sliding the paper from her standard book of spells that sat on top of everything else on the table.

Katya couldn't help but grin at her face as she read Viktor's note out loud.

Dear Hermione,

It bring me to happy feelings if you go to Ball with me as date. I think you very pretty, and like that way you read.

Viktor Krum.

"Well that wasn't weird." Katya said shaking her head at how poor his note came out to be. She smiled though at how happy Hermione looked as she read the note again.

"You will go with him right?" Katya said.

"I think I will." She said tearing a piece of parchment off the bottom of the note, writing yes, then stood collecting all of her books. She encouraged Katya to to the same before turning away. Katya had to jog to catch up to her quick walking as she followed Hermione to the Great hall where the boys were all sitting eating and laughing.