second task

February 24th came quicker than Katya had expected. Even Harry, who Katya wasn't fully sure knew what he was going to do, uneasy about what it was that was going to happen. Katy's worst fear came true when she didn't see Hemione once as she walked down to the lake with Fred and George. Her theory was all but confirmed when neither Hermione or Ron showed up minutes before the task.

Fred and George went up to the lowest seat they could find as Katya parted their way to meet Viktor on the deck. He turned to her looking worried, but Katya gave him a reassuring smile as she stopped in front of him.

"You're going to be great, just remember what you've been working on these past few days." She said holding her coat to her chest. It was freezing and she had no idea how any of them were standing there in swimming shirts and shorts.

"Where is Hermione?" He asked, looking away from Katya and finding Fred and George in the stands, who waved to him.

"You'll see her soon." Katya said reaching her arms up to give Viktor one last hug. "Good luck." She said before nodding to Karkaroff and making her way back up to the stands where Fred as saving her a seat between him and George. Katya sat there, one hand grasped to Fred's and the other linked through Georges arm trying to stay as warm as possible. Though from a cold climate she still couldn't stand the cold, especially when her brother was about to dive head first into the icy water below them.

The whistle blew making Katya jump as she lent forward to see Viktor muttering a chant and diving into the water.

"Damn fool!" Katya said watching as only Viktor's head transformed.

"Atlas he'll still be able to breath." Fred said. Katya nodded in agreement, but it still worried her because she didn't know if he was going to be able to push through the cold.

The lake was enchanted so the viewers could see straight through the usually mercy water to see where everyone was and what they were doing. Katya watched as Viktor went out too far, Harry battled the Grindylows, Cedric went the wrong way. Fleur was soon being attacked by the now even angrier demon creatures and soon was forced to retreat where she was pulled up by her Headmistress, who instantly started wrapping the wet girl in a pile of blankets.

Katya looked down again seeing Cedric battle the Grindylows and then Viktor who was close behind him. Harry was already at the spot where four people were strung, floating in the water. Katya covered her mouth as she how fixed her eyes on Hermione, Ron, another Hogwarts student and a girl who looked much smaller than the rest with silvery blonde hair swayed.

"What is he doing!" George shouted, his teeth chattering slightly.

"He doesn't know who to take." Katya said through her scarf.

Soon Cedric was entering the center of the Merpeoples city and sent sparks that cut the rope of the Hogwarts student Katya didnt recognize and soon they were breaking surface trying to catch their breath. Dumbledores voice boomed through the stadium to let everyone know what had just happened. Katya caught her breath as he shark headed brother came zooming into the clearing, snatched Hermione's rope, breaking it with his new sharp teeth, then swam to the top where as soon as he broke water his face transfigured back to normal. Katya jumped up screaming and clapping half for Viktor and half for Hermione, who she was more worried about then Viktor.

"Doesn't Harry know Fleur is already out?" Said Fred as he took Katya's hand once again as she sat.

"How could he? He couldn't have seen her get pulled up." George said shaking his shivering legs.

"Im going down there. Ill meet you two after." Katya said kissing Freds cheek before hurting down to the dock where Karkaroff let her pass so she could get to Viktor.