SOMEONE'S IN THE HOUSE

MONDAY 4TH NOVEMBER 2013

On Sunday evening (the 27th October) we told our mum all about ‘Ken’ and the ghost stuff. We found the photos of the wet footprints and showed them to her and told her as many stories as we could remember off the tops of our heads. She didn’t laugh or make excuses about it for a change and actually took an interest in what we said. She even seemed to believe us.

Saturday night ( the 2nd November ) I was lying in bed, exhausted after 2 night out at parties, when I felt something slowly stroking my hair, it was quite calming. I tried to shake it off first, but it persisted so I just let it stroke me as I fell asleep.

I’ve also started hearing noises again above my room in the attic.

Scarlet just told me that last night she was lying in bed awake for ages because her dream catcher was spinning. She has 2 dream catchers, a chandelier, lots of evil eyes from turkey, fairy lights and all kinds of shit hanging from her ceiling, and it was all perfectly still except the dream catcher right above her head which was just smoothly spinning. She kept staring at it and then shut her eyes tightly for a few seconds. When she opened them again it had gone still.

Right. So the main reason I’m writing another entry now is because me and Scarlet are practically shitting ourselves. We’ve been home alone since early on Sunday morning, its now 07:37 pm and our parents should be home around 08:00.

At 6:20/6:30-ish we were both in the sitting room when we heard something on the gravel and then heard the front door lock being unlocked and swinging open. I commented on how early our parents were home and the dogs ran off barking at the noise, as usual. However the dogs continued to bark for ages and I heard the door lock go again. Getting really annoyed with the noise I marched off to shout at the dogs, but when I got out into the boot room, expecting to see my parents. I saw a dark room and an open door that the dogs were barking at. I swore as the door pulled slightly shut, it didn’t close, but was pulled to. The light was on outside and I saw a shadow pass the light, blocking out out where it reflected on a door to a storage room outside. And before you say; There are no trees outside the back door, or anywhere near the light that could have blocked it out.   I fell back around the corner, slightly freaking out because we know for sure we shut the door after letting the cat in to eat, we both remember it.

I looked back around the corner to see the room in complete darkness, the light outside off and the door shut and locked. I put on the light and checked the door, it was properly locked, not closed by the wind or anything like that, it had been forcefully closed.

I grabbed the dogs and ran back into the sitting room, giving scarlet a brief description of what had happened. We shut both doors out of the room and each leant against one. I suddenly heard creaky, creeping footsteps in the dining room, only one or two, at the far end near the boot room. But it was enough to freak me out. We have since put a big chair against each door and are each sitting on one of those chairs. We have the dogs in here with us and they have barked a few more times and growled aswell. I heard footsteps once more in the dining room and swapped chairs with scarlet so she could listen, she hasn’t heard anything.

Its now exactly 7:47.

I want to go out and check the house, and I really need the toilet but I’m too scared to leave and scarlet won’t let me anyway. I would upload this to wattpad right now and ask for advice because im terrified but we haven’t had internet for 2 days now and I don’t even have any phone signal. The scariest thing that could happen right now would be if the lights went out. Haha, okay im scaring myself. I texted my friend Hudson what happened, when I was freaking out but now ive completely lost signal so I cant get his reply. Omfg. Too scary right now.

I’ll obviously write more if anything else happens when our parents get home,  when me and scarlet have decided it will be okay to search the house if there are adults here with us.