Sleep (Max Tate)

You sighed, turning over in your bed for what seemed like the millionth time that night. Looking over at the clock you groaned as you realized how late it was. 3 am. You hadn't gotten any sleep in the past few nights. You didn't know why but you just couldn't relax.

You reached for your phone on your nightstand and flinched at the brightness of the screen. Once your eyes focused you smiled at your lock screen photo. It was a picture of Max, grinning and throwing up a peace sign with the Statue of Liberty in the background. You sighed softly.

Your blonde boyfriend had been spending the summer in New York with his mom, while you stayed behind in Japan. You missed him terribly. The time difference had made it difficult for the two of you to talk often. You looked a the clock again. He should be awake now, right?

Without a second thought you dialed his number, your heart beating quickly as you heard it ring.

"Hello? (First Name)?" His voice chirped on the other end of the line.

"Maxy." You sighed happily, scooting down in your bed and pulling up the covers.

"Is everything alright (First Name)? Shouldn't you be sleeping right now?" He asked, concerned.

You sighed softly, "Probably. I haven't been sleeping well."

"Well what's wrong?" He asked.

You shook your head, even though you knew he couldn't see it, "I'm not sure."

He frowned slightly, "Are you sick? Is something stressing you out?"

"Im not sick," you pursed your lips, " I'm not really stressed about anything either."

"Hmmm," he paused, "well you should try and get some sleep, love."

You groaned softly, "I've been trying! Nothing has worked."

"Warm milk?"

"Yep."

"Reading?"

"Uh huh."

"Exercising?"

"Tried that too."

"Man," he sighed softly, "you really have tried...."

You nodded again, "I'm so tired."

"Put me on speaker," he said.

Your eyes widened slightly, "Why?"

"Just do it (First Name)~" He laughed slightly.

He was always so cheery. In most situations, it made you feel better. But lack of sleep put you in a bad mood that even Max's cheeriness couldn't pull you out of.

"Fine," you sighed, pressing the speaker button, "what now?"

"Now, get comfy."

You hesitated before moving around and getting into the most comfortable position you could find.

"Okay done," you said, setting your phone on the pillow next to you, "And now?"

"Try and go to sleep," he answered simply.

"B-but Max!" You protested, "How is this any different than before??"

"Just close your eyes, (First Name)," he laughed softly.

You did as he said, closing your eyes with a soft sigh, "Seriously Maxy. How is this supposed to help?"

He smiled, unbeknownst to you, "Well with your eyes closed its like I'm right there lying next to you!"

You blushed, not opening your eyes, "I-I guess..."

"So just pretend I'm there with you and try to sleep," he said, his tone soft and loving.

You couldn't but smile, and imagined him sleeping next to you. You could hear his soft breathing over the phone and before you knew it you were sound asleep.

"(First Name)?" Max whispered after a few minutes of silence.

Getting no response he smiled softy, "Goodnight (First Name). I love you."

And with that he hung up and left to get some much needed sleep.

A/N: Max was requested and I'm working on requests AND a new story. Unlike the one-shot books I already have out this will be a full blown fanfiction and I'm super excited to share it! It will probably be out in the next few weeks.

Also thanks for all the love and support you guys give me! Reading you guys' comments is one of the highlights of my day!
♥️♥️♥️♥️