Pick Up the Phone (Brooklyn Masefield)

"Brooklyn?" You looked around for your ginger boyfriend, a bit frustrated.

You had been looking for him for an hour. He wasn't at BEGA headquarters, and he wasn't answering any of your calls or texts. You loved Brooklyn. More than words could describe. But sometimes you felt he didn't feel the same.

He barely ever answered your calls, making the excuse that he was busy bird watching or sleeping. And when you were together all he ever wanted to do was lounge around and nap. It worried you. Were you too boring? Did he even have feelings for you?

You remembered when he first asked you out. Well, if you could say ask. He had dragged you out to lunch, paid and kissed your cheek before saying "I can't wait for out second date."

Now here you were, a month later, and that small kiss was as far as you had gotten. With a soft sigh you went to the park right outside of town and began looking around.

"Brooklyn!" You called.

No response.

You sighed loudly. He could be such a pain. You walked over a small hill and spotted your orange-haired lover lying under a tree, sleeping.

You stood over him, your arms crossed and your eyes narrowed. You were worried sick and this idiot was sleeping?! Without a second thought, you gave him a swift kick to the side.

"Ow!" He said, holding his hand up to block the sun and looking at you, "Oh hello (First Name)~"

He gave you a cheery smile, which you only responded to with another kick to his side.

"Ow! (First Name)!" He whined, sitting up and rubbing his side, "What's wrong with you?"

You scoffed. Was he really this stupid?

"I've been looking for you for almost two hours Brooklyn! Can you not be bothered to check your damn phone?! What if there was an emergency?! What if I was dying?"

He smirked, "Oh come on (First Name) don't be dramatic," he said, waving you off and laying back down.

You felt anger fire up inside of you and you grit your teeth.

"You know what Brooklyn? Forget it. Just go back to sleep," you snapped before walking off.

Brooklyn sat up again, "(First Name)! Hey come back!"

You didn't even bother looking back.

"Get bent!" You yelled.

Brooklyn watched you go, groaning a bit before rubbing his now probably bruised side.

"What the hell is her problem?" He thought.

You had been ignoring Brooklyn for three whole days. You knew it was the healthiest thing to do but you needed space from your idiot boyfriend to sort out how you were feeling. Since you yelled at him, he had been calling and texting almost hourly.

"(First Name) are you okay?"

"Are you really this mad at me?"

"What did I do?"

"Please answer (First Name)..."

You read all his texts and listened to all his voicemail. How did he not know why you were upset? Was he really this dense? He practically dragged you into a relationship, made you fall for him and then proceeded to put in no effort whatsoever. Of course you were really this mad at him.

You sighed, flopping down on your couch and scrolling through the channels on your TV mindlessly, obviously not interested in actually watching anything. Before you could pick a movie to not watch, the door bell rang.

You hesitated before pulling yourself up and walking over to the door, fixing your messy hair before opening the door. Much to your surprise there stood Brooklyn holding a bouquet of different color roses.

"(First Name)!" He said, clearly relieved you had answered, "Here. For you."

He held out the roses to you, and you accepted them slowly, not moving from the doorway.

"What do you want, Brooklyn?" You murmured flatly, not looking at him.

His face fell a bit at your tone, "Oh. Well I just wanted to come check on you and see how you were doing....I've missed you..."

You looked up at him, your heart hurting at his sad expression. You didn't mean to hurt him like this. You just needed some space that's all. Before you could respond, he spoke again.

"Look I know you're mad at me, and I'm really sorry. I should've answered my phone and told you where I wa-"

"You really don't get it do you?" You said softly, looking at him blankly.

Confusion swept across his face as he shook his head, "I guess I don't...can you explain?"

You gulped, balling your fists before speaking.

"This whole time...this whole time we've been together you've treated me like I'm nothing! You put in no effort whatsoever! I didn't even know our first date was a date until you kissed me and you rarely even do that! You're my boyfriend Brooklyn, but you don't like one at at all, so whats the point?!" You cried, frustrated tears falling down your cheeks.

Brooklyn looked shocked, staying silent for a minute. You opened your mouth to speak again, but before you could you felt two strong arms wrap around you and pull you into a well built chest.

"I'm so sorry, (First Name). You deserve so much more than what I've been giving you, and I'm an idiot for not noticing sooner. I've never had a girlfriend before, let alone someone I love as much as I love you! I'm sorry beautiful, I promise I'll do better, if you give me the chance that is....?" Brooklyn said, holding you close and kissing your hair.

You nodded into his shoulder before crying again, all the stress and pain you had been holding back flowing out all at once. Brooklyn held you, rubbing your back and whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

"Don't worry (First Name). I've got you. You'll see;I'm gonna be the best boyfriend in the whole world."

A/N: Here's a normal one-shot to shove in before I get to the pile of smut requested. Prepare yourself my dudes its about to get dirty