Hospital (Tala x Reader)

"Hey Nurse Jenny," you smiled at the nurse behind the counter, resting your crutch against it, "Anything interesting today?"

She smiled slightly, "Now (First Name), you know I'm not supposed to give out information about other patients."

You sighed and rested your chin on the edge of the desk and sulked, "But it's so boring here! I won't tell anyone!"

She chuckled, her blonde hair bouncing around her face, "It's still illegal, (First Name) dear."

You groaned and hit your forehead against the desk, "I'm going to die of boredom."

She shook her head and pointed her finger at you, "No you're gonna die from internal bleeding if you keep getting out of bed."

You looked down at the bandages around your waist and your arms and frowned. You had been in a car accident a few weeks ago and had to be rushed into surgery, with multiple other surgeries following in the weeks after, forcing you to practically live in the hospital. The only thing that made it bearable was meeting new patients with new stories. You looked back up at the nurse.

"Well if I had a new patient to talk to I wouldn't roam around as much~" you teased.

She narrowed her eyes at you then sighed, "Alright. One patient as long as you take it easy."

You perked up and grinned, "Deal!"

She pointed down the hallway, "Room 202. Russian boy around your age. Got hurt real bad in a beyblade match with that BEGA cooperation everyone's been talking about. Hasn't woken up since, poor thing."

You tilted your head, "Got any family?"

She shook her head again, "None that we know of."

You frowned. No family. Your mother and father visited you every evening after they got off work, no matter how many times you told them you didn't have to.

"What's his name?" You murmured, your eyes focused on his door.

"Tala. Tala Valkov," she shrugged, "at least I think that's how you say it."

You nodded and grabbed your crutch, slipping it under your arm for support, "Thanks Nurse Jenny," You waved before making your way down the hall.

You got to the door and slowly pushed it open. There in the bed lied a red haired boy, beaten up pretty badly with an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose. You walked over and pulled a chair up next to his bed, resting your crutch down on the floor. You eyed him up and down with a blush.

He's so cute, you thought, leaning forward a bit to get a better look at his face.

You slipped your hand under the blanket and took his hand, squeezing it softly. You'd sat with coma patients before. Nurse Jenny had always told you, "Talk to them. They can usually hear you even if they can't talk back," so you always did. This time was different though. You felt....nervous? Embarrassed? You didn't quite know how to describe it.

You squeezed his hand one more time before clearing your throat, "Um...Hi. I'm (First Name)," you looked him up and down, "Looks like you got hurt pretty bad..."

No reply. Just the steady sound of his breathing.

You rested your cheek on your fist, "I'm sure you'll be okay though. You look like a pretty tough dude," you giggled softly, and look down at his hand in yours, "Well you should wake up soon y'know," you laced your fingers together with his, "It gets kind of boring here without anyone to talk to..."

You once again looked up, as if expecting him to reply. Nothing.

You shrugged, "Tala, right? Well since you don't have any family visiting you, I'll stay with you until you wake up, yeah?" You smiled despite his lack of response and squeezed his hand once more, "You're not alone anymore."