ONE

ONE▬▬▬▬▬

ONE
▬▬▬▬▬

Amelia followed the twins through the building, slipping easily into the shadows close behind them. The duo in front of her would glance back every now and then, determined to make sure she was safe as they navigated their way. The screams from others could be heard, the painful process that is the experiments echoing through the facility. Each scream sent a shiver down the redheads spine, her heart beating loudly in her ears in fear. She wasn't ready for her next training session with Strucker, her vocal cords sore and her throat aching from all the training he's put her through the past few months. The male was determined to find the range of her scream frequencies, no matter the effort or pain it caused the female. So far, he hadn't found anything to make her frequency higher than before or anything that proved her scream was useful.

She had dreaded the day she would become aware of her abilities, although Strucker made a point of testing her daily to discover what her abilities were. They had yet to come up with a solid name to describe her ability, the male telling her she had excellant vocal abilities and that was her power. She found it hard to believe the further he tested her vocal abilities, determined to find everyrhing he could about them.

She was still confused, not fully understanding the situation she found herself waking up in. It had been a year now since she joined the world of living, as she preferred to call it. It hadn't been an easy transition for the female, she was struggling with adjusting to things. She was struggling with understanding everything Strucker continued to dump on her in the past year.

The twins helped; they distracted her from her thoughts and the headaches that came with trying to remember things. She had been unsuccessful, and found herself welcoming the twins words as a distraction. They brought her a sliver of comfort in the world she had been thrown into. Quickly they became her friends, the only ones she could ever remember. Despite the pain she felt, they brought smiles to her face and a warmth to her being she couldn't recall ever feeling before.

"How much further?" Amelia whispered, clutching Pietro's hand in worry, eyes darting behind her as she looked for the guards that always followed them around.

"Not much," he lead them closer to a open room, a large mess of machine was in the center of the room, people in lab coats scrambling around it, studying it. "That is from the alien attack in New York a couple years ago." Pietro explained to both girls, their eyes watching the scene before them in wonder. The alien was nothing but machine, larger than them all even on its side.

It amazed the redhead, who glanced at her friends with a large smile on her lips, "how did you find it?" She wondered, green eyes darting to meet the blue ones that belong to her best friend.