EIGHT

EIGHT
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

* Trigger Warning. Sensitive subjects in this chapter*

Amelia Stark believed she knew pain when she woke all those months ago with no memory of who she was. She believed she knew pain as Strucker forced her to explore her abilities, as he trained her allowing his minions to beat her body black and blue. She thought she knew pain when she was ripped away from the only people she truly trusted and felt safe with. She thought she knew pain when she found herself face to face with her past, and the man responsible for the pain in her friends lives.

But nothing could have prepared the girl for the pain she currently faced. The blank stare on her face was unsettling, her attention focused on a single spot in the quinjet. Her cheeks were red and puffy, once covered in salty tears that she hoped, for a moment, would drown her. Her eyes were dark, the normal light green replaced with a dark almost muddy green. They were empty, hallow almost as if everything had been sucked away in a single moment.

In that moment, she truly believed everything had been.

Her heart ached painfully, yet she did her best to ignore the pain that didn't seem to leave. She did her best to push the memories away, struggling with the war in her head, the emotions begging to take over.

Death, she decided, would be the best option.

••••

Red paced the empty cell, flinching everytime a loud noise sounded from outside. Her eyes would dart to the door every few moments, worry and fear taking over as she waited. A single hand rested on the bump on her stomach, the fluttering bringing her only a fraction of comfort.

She was confused, had been for seven months now as Pierce seemed to leave her be. As he let her continue to carry a child as if it didn't prevent her from working. He kept her constantly locked down, The Winter Soldier the only one allowed to enter and exit besides the soldier who delivered her food. She didn't understand his intentions, and found herself more fearful as the days continued on.

Her eyes darted to the door again as Winter entered, his dark eyes immediately darting to her stomach. He moved in quick strides, his flesh hand finding home on the bump. The stood in silence as he caressed the bump, her watching him in fear and worry. He moved silently, leading her to the bed in the room. He laid down, his redhead laying beside him and bringing him comfort from his return from a mission. For a moment, the broken couple found their safe haven, the brief moment of believing everything was okay.