FIVE

FIVE

Amelia sat at the island in the kitchen, eyes glued to the bowl in front of her. She moved the spoon through the bowl in circles, not really focusing on eating it. Her kind was running a thousand miles a minute, trying to sort through the short bits and pieces of memories she's had return over the past few days. It wasn't much, just little flashes that left her curious to know more. So far every memory she's had return involved the man she now knows to be her brother.

The male had spent the last day digging out all the photographs he could find from their childhood. Earlier today the two had flipped through his findings, the female seeing the photos from her birth, her first birthday and every birthday after that up until her eleventh birthday. After her eleventh birthday, there were no more birthday party photos, and not many photos following that. Mainly just random photos, there were photos from high school dances and a couple photos from her graduation.

There were a bunch of photos of the two together from their childhood, a couple of them with two old people, presumably their parents. She had asked questions when looking at the photos, questioning when they were from and who was in them. Occasionally they came across a photo of just their parents together or of another family member. Rarely a photo would be found of one of them with a friend of theirs from the past, someone neither spoke to any longer.

The pictures had helped a little bit, giving bits and pieces of memory back to her that only made her want more. She found herself craving the information of her past, wondering just exactly who she was. And through these past few days, the female found another who had experienced the same feelings she currently does. He had wondered who he was, and craved the knowledge to know. He had spent months searching for the answers, slowly but surely gaining them. Much like herself, he had felt fear when searching, wondering if the person he truly was was someone he wanted to be today. But, much like he did, Amelia pushed the fear to the side and continued to dig deeper into the history of herself.

With the help of the others around her, mainly Bucky Barnes and Tony Stark, they found ever piece of information they could on the redhead. While her brother found all the things he could find from before her kidnapping, Bucky focused on anything he could find concerning her after the kidnapping. While the metal armed man was coming up with far less than her brother, he had found record of her surname changing, along with a child she had birthed but lost at birth.

While in the compound with the twins, Amelia had grieved for the family she believed to have lost. Now, she found herself grieving for a child that she couldn't remember and never got to explore the world. She was grieving for a husband, whose name was removed from every record they could find. She grieved for the life she didn't get to remember, for the family that never got a fighting chance.