THREE

THREE▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THREE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Amelia was sure her head was going to explode. The pain was intense, reminding her of when she had first woken up here. She could hear her own heartbeat, sounding like her ear was pressed against her own chest. The pounding in her head seemed to pound in beat with her headache, only intensifying the pain. Wanting nothing more than to go lay down for a few hours before her training, the female finished her shower as quickly as possible. For the first time since she can remember, she paid no attention to the guards standing behind her. She simply washed before exiting and dressing as quickly as possible. The sweatpants she wore were baggy, bunching up at her ankles. The tanktop she wore did little to keep her warm, her bare hands desperately clutching onto the robe to slide over her shoulders.

She sat at the bench in the room, slipping the socks given to her on her barefeet when alarms began to blare, the guards in front of her disappearing out the door. She was quick to jump to her feet and make her way out of the room, the pounding in her head intensifying as the alarms blared. She watched numerous guards take off down the hall, guns out and ready yet they paid no attention to the redhead with wet hair.

She continued into the hall, silent as she made her way through the halls searching for her friends. The alarms made her nervous, worried that something had happened to the only friends she could ever remember having. The loud speaker came overhead, claiming this was not a drill, that the base was seriously under attack. The news sent her heart to her stomach, her green eyes widening as she pushed herself to move faster. She rounded the corner, a short scream escaping her lips as she collided with another. 

Pietro held her closely, steadying her so she didn't fall to her ass. She gripped his hands tightly, looking up at him startled. "We need to go," he spoke quickly, words meshing together into one as he began to lead her back down the way he came from.

"What?" She was beyond confused, brows furrowed as she tried to understand. "Why? What about Wanda?"

"We are meeting her," Pietro continued forward, glancing back at her every few moments. "We'll figure out what to do when we find her."

"Find her?"Amelia squeaked, nervous for her best female friend. "Where is she? Is she okay?"

Pietro paused, turning back to the female he pulled her closer, "hold on." Moving her so she was on his back, he took off down the hall at a normal speed for him. She buried her head in the space where his shoulder and neck met, feeling sick to her stomach at the extremely quick movement. Seconds later they came to a stop, Wanda standing in front of them when Pietro helped her stand on her own. She was quick to pull the other girl into a hug, breathing a sigh of relief at seeing her completely unharmed.