TWO

TWO▬▬▬▬▬▬

TWO
▬▬▬▬▬▬

Amelia grunted, twisting as she kicked her leg up and out. Her foot connected with the side of the man before her, his body jerking slightly before he caught her foot. He pulled her closer, catching her off guard for a single moment. Bouncing on the ball of her left foot, she clenched her jaw, forcing herself up with enough strength to bring her left leg up around the man's neck. Using his grip on her right leg to her advantage,  she flung herself around, jerking him with her and flipping him over, his head between her thighs the whole time. He crashed with a grunt, Amelia gritting her teeth as pain radiated from her right leg, yet he released his grip. Jumping to her feet, she ignored the pain, stepping away from the man and preparing herself for him to attack again.

She couldn't say she was surprised, when he did just that. He jumped to his feet after a moment, stepping towards her, tossing his fist out hoping to catch her. She jerked back last second, barely missing his fist, only to grunt as another came from the side catching her off gaurd. Her eyes darted to the new man, before darting towards Strucker who watched on in amusement. The situation angered her, the two men ganging up as they charged for the girl.

Deflecting their attack to the best of her ability, Amelia gritted her teeth everytime either man made contact. Feeling her anger rise as the newest one managed to catch her cheek with his right fist. She spit the blood from her mouth, her lip busted as she looked at him in anger. Her attention shifted as the first man darted towards her to attack, failing in doing so as she ran towards him, jumping last second to kick him in the stomach. A scream left her lips as she kicked, eyes glowing silver as waves seemed to emit, knocking the man away from her. She turned towards the second man now, who was rushing towards her similar to how his companion had done moments ago. With a scream, and glowing eyes, she focused on using the scream alone to get rid of the man, watching as the waves seemed to carry him away, his body smashing into the wall behind him.

While he slumped, visibly unconscious, the first man was to his feet again. She deflected him to the best of her ability, allowing her throat a moment to rest before sending a punch his way. The scream waves seemed to force him down, blood trickling from his ears as he fell to his back. His eyes had widened in alarm, looking at the redhead in fear as she stared down at him angrily. Releasing a final, small scream, she watched the man become limp, unconscious, leaving her victorious once again.

••••

A young child followed her mother though the house, the older woman's white hair hanging loose for a change. The redheaded child watched her in wonder, memorizing the movements she made so she could copy them to be just as great as she was. Little Amelia caught the look her mother gave her over her shoulder, the smile on the older woman's face. The seven year old simply smiled up at her mother, who turned to face her child. The older woman held a stack of papers, yet her eyes were glued to her daughter now instead of the papers she had been reading moments before.

"And what are you doing, my dear?" The woman questioned, smiling down at her little girl, her final child.

Amelia smiled a toothy grin, one of her front teeth missing, "I'm gonna be like you mama, like a princess!"

Her mother placed the papers she held on the dinning room table, bending down to the same height as her child, "You will be so much more, my dear." Brushing a strand of red hair from the childs face, she continued, caressing the cheek of her child in a soothing way, "You will be a genius like your father and brother, you will be full of compassion and strength, you will be loving and you will be you."

Amelia grinned up at her mother, bouncing on her tippy toes, she surged forwards. Her arms wrapped around her mother's neck, holding tightly as she pressed a kiss to the older woman's cheek, "I love you mommy."

The mother closed her eyes, breathing in deeply as the child's words seemed to wash over her, erasing away all her worries. "And I love you, my sweet little lia."

••••

Amelia leaned against the wall, eyes on the guard not far from them. The three were silent as they watched the gaurd, who was keeping them in the cafeteria. With a sigh, she looked down at the slop they called food, forcing herself to choke down a bite. She visibly grimaced, goosebumps of disgust covering her pale skin, her eyes clenching shut as she tried to ignore the taste on her tongue. "This might just be the worse tasting thing yet," she shuddered, pushing around the muck on the tray.

"We need our strength," Wanda reminded the redhead beside her, fingers plugging her nose as she ate, making herself believe the old tale from their childhood was true.

Amelia watched her in confusion, brows furrowed, "Why are you plugging your nose, it does not have a smell?"

Pietro chuckled from his spot beside the redhead, "when we were children, and didn't like the taste of something, our father would tell us that covering our nose would make us not taste it." Amelia glanced between Wanda and her food in wonder. "It is false, but we always did it if there was something we didn't like."

The redhead watched Pietro copy his sister for a moment, before she herself followed their lead. Plugging her nose, she scooped up the food-like substance, gagging as she still tasted it, "that is the worse." She didn't understand why they did it, it didn't work and if anything it left her gasping for air. "I cannot."

Wanda watched with a smile, "I can make you think it's something else." The witch moved her hand, so the red haze was visible, "what's your favorite food?"

Amelia froze, brows furrowed as she tried to remember something she loved. But even after months of being awake, the redhead still had no memory of her time before. Shrugging her shoulders she looked down at the meal before them, "I do not remember."

A silence fell over the group, the twins sharing a look. Neither knew what it was like to have no memory and they hated seeing the heartbroken look on their friends face everytime she tried to remember something. They could see the frustration she held at not remembering, and they couldn't say they blamed her.

"Have they said when you would remember?" Pietro questioned, his blue eyes capturing her green ones with a concerned look.

Amelia shook her head, pushing the tray in front of her away from her, "no, Strucker doesn't believe they will come back."

Wanda shook her head, "if they would just let me-"

"They forbid it," Pietro cut his sister off.

Sighing, Amelia looked to the door as two guards entered, their eyes on her as they gestured to the door, "it's time for me to train." Pushing away from the table, the redhead followed the guards from the room and towards the training pit. Training was quickly catching up to the food they served, on the list of things she disliked the most.