SIX

SIX

Later that evening, Amelia stood in complete silence, staring out the window as lightning lit up the room. She was watching the storm clouds as they slowly rolled in, an odd sense of deja vu filling her. As the thunder roared loudly above New York City, the redhead shivered as an unknown feeling of fear filled her. She couldn't recall a time she didn't fear thunderstorms, ever since she woke up at the compound, she had been a terrified state everytime a storm rolled in. While the twins balked it up to normal childhood fears, the redhead found herself wondering if once, perhaps in the years she can't remember, something terrible occurred when it was storming.

She glanced behind her as Natasha entered the room, smiling at the younger redhead. "Did your brother tell you?"

"Tell me what?" Amelia turned fully to face the assassin, hugging the blanket she wrapped herself in tighter to herself.

"There's a party tonight, for your return," the younger redhead's nose scrunched up, not finding interest in this party Natasha spoke of.

" Why do we need a party?" She wondered.

"Your brother has a thing for parties," Natasha explained with a shrug.

Looking out the window again, Amelia sighed at the mention of her brother, her memories of the man still vague. "I don't think I've ever been to a party before," the youngest Stark spoke quietly.

She jumped when a hand touched her shoulder, Natasha apologizing quickly before continuing to rub the younger girls shoulder. "It's not that bad, and I'll help you get ready for it."

Amelia forced a smile on her lips, green eyes full of apprehension at the idea but agreeing nonetheless. She allowed the older woman to lead her down the hall to the rooms. Many of the doors were shut, everyone getting ready for the party to occur soon. Natasha led Amelia to the second to last room, the young redhead's room, gesturing for her to sit on her bed.

"Tony wanted you to feel at home, so he brought in a lot of your things from before," Natasha explained, opening the girls walk in closet.

Amelia watched her in interest, "I wasn't aware he kept my things."

Natasha paused in digging through the closet, turning to face the broken girl on the bed, "Tony dedicated his life to finding you and never once gave up." Going back to the closet, Natasha continued to flip through the range of dresses Amelia owned. "He wasn't getting rid of any of your things."

Amelia glanced down at her hands at that, picking at the skin around her index finger nail. She wondered just how close she had once been to her brother, if their relationship was like the twins relationship or were they simply two siblings stuck with one another and always fighting. She wished she could remember everything about the girl she once was, but she just kept coming up blank. With each blank wall, a heavy pressure settled on her shoulders weighing her down, and visibly upsetting everyone around her.