TEN

TEN
▬▬▬▬▬

At eleven years old Amelia was many things; a student, a reader, a daughter, a sister, adventurous, caring, happy. Truly the list could go on for miles, but it never slowed her down in her quest on finding new things to enjoy. She currently sat in the dining room, fingers and clothes a mess as she focused on the painting she hoped to perfect for her father to put in his office. At least she hoped he would put it there. She was striving for perfect, red hair in a knot on top her head with strands hanging in her face quickly becoming covered in the different colors as she brushed the strands out of the way.

She mixed colors loosely, finding the blends that fell into harmony to create the image of their family. Her red hair, that she grew accustomed to looking different than the rest of her families, stuck out like a sore thumb in the painting. Although she paid no attention to that as she focus on perfecting her father.

With family her most important value, the youngest Stark was silently hoping for a perfect picture to not only show off her artistic abilities but to also show off the wonderfulness of her family that she loved and cared for so deeply.

She was lost in her own world when the phone ring, green eyes darting along the painting as her brother answered the phone. It was only moments later when he entered the dining room, startling the redhead so a blotch of paint slid across the image, destroying all that she had done.

"Anthony!" Amelia screeched devastated as the dark brown swatch  ran across all four family members.

"Mom and dad were in an accident," his words shook the girl to her core, the painting before her forgotten as she darted to her feet.

"What? Are they okay? Are they at the hospital? Can we go see them?" Yesterday her parents had left late in the afternoon, heading off to a romantic get away for the weekend.

"Go get that paint off you and we can go," Tony responded, watching her dart from the room to get cleaned up.

They had made it to the hospital an hour later, no choice but to sit around and wait for the doctor to come visit them after her completed his rounds. Amelia sat bundled in the corner of the waiting room, green eyes darting every few minutes to the officers near the front desk. There were two of them, and both kept glancing towards herself and her brother any chance they could. They were also speaking adamantly with the nurses at the desk, jotting down things in a tiny notebook. Her nerves were scattered, her heart beating loudly in both worry and confusion. For what would quickly become her last time, Amelia prayed for her parents to be okay. She prayed to just see her father and hug her mother for one last time.