ELEVEN

ELEVEN

Amelia sat quietly in the kitchen, swirling a spoon within her cup of tea absent-mindedly. Faintly, if she concentrated hard enough, she could hear a conversation upstairs, barely making out the whispers shared between her brother and Bruce; or she could hear the sounds of the punching bag Bucky was currently working his frustrations and anger out on in the other room down the hall. She found it odd, how if she concentrated hard enough she could make out sounds that were further than a human should be able to hear. The only logical explanation she had for the matter was the experiments Hydra forced on her when they first took her in. Regardless she was amazed by the ability to hear things from far away, and found herself concentrating on that ability while she sat alone in the kitchen.

She wasn't sure what exactly Bruce and Tony were murmuring about, only positive that it had something to do with science like it always does with those two. Growing curious, the redhead pushed herself away from the island, trailing up the stairs after the tinkering noises and the voices of the two scientists. She entered silently, watching curiously, just as she did as a child, what her big brother was doing, fascinated by the movements he made and the things he created.

"What are you doing?" Bucky was beside her, looking over the two scientists with the same amount of curiosity as she was, although she could sense some apprehension in his glaze as well. While she was curious, deeply within her bones she still held some fear for scientists in general, something she was sure Bucky was feeling as well.

"Jarvis can stop Ultron," Tony gave the short answer. Barely looking up from the screen in front of him.

"Uhh," Bucky trailed off, confusion across his face as he looked down at Amelia for clarity, "isn't this what got us into this mess?"

"Yes," Tony called out, sparing them a quick glance, "but this is different."

"How?" Amelia wondered, stepping further into the lab. She ventured to her brothers side, looking over his shoulder curiously. "What's that?" She pointed to the orange mass.

"That is Jarvis," Banner spoke up this time, continuing around the pod that held the created body for Jarvis. "The genetic coding tower's at ninety-seven percent. You have got to upload that schematic in the next three minutes." Banner continued, this time looking to Tony.

Amelia stepped away, joining Bucky at the foot of the pod, the two watching curiously, "I'm gonna say this once." Eyes wide Amelia looked towards Steve, eyes widening even further at the sight of the twins.

"How about "nonce"?"

"Shut it down!" Amelia stepped forwards, surprised to see the twins, when Bucky grabbed her arm remembering the last time they saw the twins and gained painful memories back.

"Nope, not gonna happen." Tony argued back, hoping to ignore Steve but knowing truthful it was useless to try to do.

"You don't know what you're doing." Steve stepped forwards. Amelia stepped closer to Bucky, sensing something was going to happen.