6: Dangers And The Battle Body

(2126 words)

Papyrus, wearing a t-shirt and sweat pants, jumps down the stairs of his and his brother's house, bounding into the living room where Sans is lounging on the couch.

"Hey bro, what's up?" He says, lifting his head up a bit.

Papyrus bounces up and down on his toes. "Sans, Sans, Sans! There's a costume party and We both got invited!" Sans sits up, a bit shocked. "What? really?"

"YES SANS, I WOULDN'T LIE!" Papyrus starts pacing the room, a huge smile plastered on his face. "BUT I NEED HELP MAKING MY COSTUME!" Sans lays back lazily and puts his hands behind his head. "What makes you think I know how to make anything?"

"BECAUSE BROTHER, I'VE SEEN YOUR PROJECTS! THEY'RE AMAZING!" Papyrus shouts, throwing his hands in the air.

Sans, irked, sits up once again. "Wh-What? I-I don't-"

"Don't even try! I know you made your favorite jacket!" Papyrus puts his hands on his hips.

"Paps, I-I don't know. I mean, yeah, I guess I made a couple of things but I don't think I can do something like-" Papyrus holds up his hand, stopping his brother.

"Sans, please? This means the world to me! And we never get invited to things!"

Papyrus watches his brother pleadingly, his gaze never leaving his eyes.

"... GAH! fine! waddya want?" Papyrus bursts with joy and launches himself at his brother. "AHHH SANS, THANK YOU!" Sans flinches as Papyrus comes in contact with him. "What do you have in mind?"

"OH! I WAS THINKING, IT COULD BE A BATTLE BODY! LIKE WITH A CAPE AND EVERYTHING!"

"Yeash Paps, when is this party anyways?"

"In two days."

Sans face-palms and sighs. "Papyrus, it takes some time to make something, especially a whole costume." Papyrus' face drops and his enthusiasm dissipates.

"But, you know what? I bet we could do it together." As soon as Sans says this Papyrus hops up, pulling Sans with him.

"We need to go to the fabric store! We need to get the stuff for the costume!"

"Now Paps?" Sans says, looking up at his tall brother. "YES!"

"Alright then, let's go."

================================================================================

They reach the store in record time, most likely because Papyrus was sprinting and dragging Sans behind him.

"COME ON SANS!" Papyrus shouts once they reach the store. "Dude, I- have- never- gone that fast- in my life." Sans huffs, bending over to catch his breath.

"Good, you need the exercise." Papyrus says blandly, walking inside the store.

Once they both were inside, they were greeted with the sight of tons of fabrics all lined up.

"Okay, what do you want everything made of?" Sans asks.

Papyrus stands in the entryway, completely entranced by all of the fabrics.

"Paps?"

Papyrus blinks a few times and turns back to his brother. "Yes, yes. It needs to have a red cape, and, definitely a symbol on the chest, also it'll need to be just like armor so we need to find something sturdy. We'll also need gloves, can you make gloves?"

Sans looks down at the floor and gives a nervous chuckle. "Um, could we just, uh, take this one step at a time?" Papyrus nods and clasps a hand on his brother's shoulder, making him shiver. "OF COURSE BROTHER!"