16: *&C0rRu97Ed F1L3*^%

(2390 words) {To my fanciful friend, next chapter will be the chapter that contains the fanciful fanciness.}

A Video statics to life.

A young monster, not older than twenty-five, sits at a desk, rubbing his thumb around a smooth, large hole in his hand, his eyes flat and dull.

"Mr. Gaster?"

The monster swings his head around, looking at the open doorway behind him.

There was a short monster, the top of his head only coming up to his stomach area. "Gaster, I'm sorry to interrupt but there's been an accident over in lab B." The small monster says. The shorter of the two was wearing a grey and blue hoodie beneath a lab coat that must have either been costume tailored or hand made. He had a smile planted firmly on his face, not moving in the slightest.

The monster, Gaster, stands up and brings his hands up in front of him.

'Okay, I'll be there in a minute.'

He sighs out. His hands having flown through the air to say what he needed to.

He goes towards the door but the smaller monster stays still.

"Are you alright G?" He says, putting his hands in the pockets of the lab coat. "You look... Tired."

'I am tired Sans' He signs, walking past the little monster.

He follows after Gaster, looking up at him as they walked. "Well, anyways. Someone spilled something into the newest extractor and now it's on the fritz." Sans says, his voice almost monotone. "Is there any way you can fix it?"

Gaster shrugs, continuing to walk and not look at Sans at all. Sans doesn't find this weird though, rather he finds it easier to talk to the tall ghoul like monster.

Gaster and Sans make it to lab B, opening the door to see a huge mess. There's a dark green liquid seeping from an animal looking skull. There was papers everywhere and in the green liquid, hours of work getting destroyed in seconds. There was a loud siren going off and beeping came from multiple machines.

"I swear, it wasn't like this when I left." Sans says, his face not showing his shock.

Gaster's one good eye widens and he looks from here to there, everything catching his attention and everything seeming to move in all directions at once. There were monsters in lab coats trying to save some of their work from the green ooze. There were people shouting and trying to fix the machine Gaster had worked so hard to design.

Gaster runs into the room in a panic, trying to stop everyone from touching the machine. He grabs hold of one of the lab coats in front of him and pulls the person it was on away from the mess. The monster turns around and starts yelling at Gaster to let him go.

Gaster holds the monster's face in place for a moment before signing to him.

'Stop. Get everyone to stop. You're making it worse.'

The monster brushes him off and goes back to touching the machine, pressing buttons and turning nobs. "I have no idea what you're doing." He says in a gruff voice.

Gaster huffs in annoyance and anxiety. He turns around to ask Sans to help him but Sans had covered his 'ears' and  squeezed his eyes shut, backing out into the hallway and inching his way off to the side, not able to look at Gaster to see his signs. His smile that normally didn't change one bit, was now contorted into an odd frown smile, his mouth very thin.

Gaster spins back around so he's facing the chaos. He grabs a monster by the coat and shoves him out the door. He repeats this over and over again until they get the idea and all the bustling scientists were out of the room. He quickly goes over to the alarm system and switches it off, pressing a few buttons and dimming the lights in the room to a comfortable level.