9: Echolalia/ Vocal Stimming

Ima take a break from the suggestions for this chapter if that's alright with y'all, you've been so great and supportive, giving me wonderful suggestions, but I really wanted to wright this one.

===========================================================================

(677 words)

Sans walks out in the snowdin forest, humming a soft tune to himself.

He walks with his hands in his pockets right past his sentry post and deeper into the forest. Yeah Papyrus would be mad at him for skipping work, but if he's looking for humans he'd be closer to where they'd come from anyways.

He walks until he reaches the big purple doors to the ruins, plopping down in the snow next to the entryway, though it hadn't been used as one for years.

Sans sighs and knocks on the door twice and says. "Knock Knock"

He pauses for a moment and then goes again.

"Knock Knock."

pause.

"Knock Knock"

He goes on like this for an hour, just knocking on the door and repeating that one word.

He doesn't know why he does this, he just does. The word feels nice.

"Knock Knock"

"Who's there?"

Sans jumps and almost falls over in the snow.

He didn't expect a reply.

Nobody ever has done this before, He's always been able to do this without someone saying anything. He didn't want someone to interrupt. He didn't want anybody to know.

"Uh... Dishes."

"Dishes who?" a soft, calm voice say from behind the door

"Dishes a very bad joke!"

Sans lets out a breath of relief as the seemingly female voice bursts out in laughter.

"Knock Knock." The female voice says

"W-Who's there?" Sans stutters out.

"Atch"

"Atch who?"

"Bless You!"

The female voice laughs again at her own joke, Sans only laughing a little bit, still not feeling right after being interrupted in his knocking.

"I-I didn't know anyone lived in the ruins anymore." Sans say.

"Oh yes, I've lived here for quite a while now."

"Oh.... So um how's it going?" 

"I'm doing fine, how are you today?" the female voice says with another chuckle.

"I'm okay... I actually need to be at work right now, but uh, I can come back later?" Sans says, not really sure how to get out of the conversation. "Oh, yes of course! If you need to be doing something else I shouldn't keep you here."

"Okay, um see you later, but uh not really." 

The voice laughs and Sans can hear a couple snorts along with it. "Alright I'll 'see' you later."

"Bye." Sans says awkwardly.

He quickly rushes away back to his sentry station.

When he makes it back he sits on the ground behind the station, huffing, short of breath.

"UGH!"

He flops back so that his head was beneith the table part of the station and knocks on the side.

"Knock Knock."

It just wasn't the same as the door.

"Knock Knock."

It sounded more hollow.

"Knock Knock."

The door had this special echo.

"Knock knock"

And it wasn't a freaking plank of wood!

"But I can't go back there now..."

He heaves a huge sigh and lets his arm drop.

"Knock Knock."

===========================================================================

Thanks for reading! this chapter was on Echolalia/ Vocal stimming. I wasn't sure which it would qualify for, and technically it was sort of auditory stimming as well. It wasn't a suggestion but it was in the tumblr post that inspired this whole thing. that post was by neverstopreading on tumblr.

I myself don't stim like how I have Sans stimming but I do listen and sing the same song or same part of a song over and over.(I also like the way my voice sounds after i've been singing for hours on end) I am actually doing that right now and it's making it extremely hard to wright, but I can't stop XD

(P.S. the song i'm stimming to is called Riot by three days grace, but if you don't like rock don't look it up, it's a very rock-ish song.)

Anywho, give this a review and tell me what you thought. If you want, tell me what your auditiory/vocal sims are, if you have any.

Also if you like ask blogs you can ask the autistic skelebros anything on the tumblr. (forgive me if I don't answer your ask very fast and others more quickly, sometimes it's just hard to art...)

But thanks again, until next time! .O/