Chapter 3: Secrets

Peter's P.O.V.

The words hit me like a rushing wave causing me to fall back in my chair. I couldn't believe what I had just heard. She's been like me this whole time. We are both mutants. I'd always been so scared to tell her I'm a mutant. But she's been a mutant this whole time. I wiped my hand across my face as I chuckled a smile.

"Peter you can't tell anyone about this, you have to promise."

I stood up and glanced at y/n dozing away.

"I promise."

She took a sigh of relief.

"Good because people haven't been understanding after the incident in DC last year."

"Yeah it changed lives for mutants and humans everywhere."

"I'm surprised on how well your taking this..."

"Well she's not the only mutant I know"

"Wait really? Who?... If I could know."

I took a deep breath and looked away from her for a second.

"Me."

She gave me a stunned look.

"What..."

She let out cautiously.

"Yeah I've known for a while..."

She shot me a calm thoughtful look.

"I'm just glad she has a friend that will understand what she will be facing when she wakes up."

"I'm glad too..."

"Well I have to get back home to Clare and Travis find a way to contact me if she wakes up okay?"

"Of course."

Then she walked out of the room as I remembered I promised my mom I would have dinner with her and Lorna tonight. I walked back over to the side of the bed to bend over and kiss y/n's forehead.

"I'll be right back."

Then I was off.

Your P.O.V.

You open your eyes to a brightness. A white glow showered the room you were in. It didn't even look like a room actually. You didn't know where you were. White glow came from all directions. You carefully stood up to examine where you were.

"Hello?"

No reply. Without thinking you started walking forward. After walking for a while you started to see a figure slowly come into your vision in the distance. Black pants. Silver jacket. Silver Hair. Your heart stopped.

"Peter!"

You sprinted towards him as he turned around to look at you. Throwing your arms up he picked you up and twirled you around. After he put you down he looked into your eyes warmly.

"Do you know where we are?"

He gently touched your face as he moved a string of hair away from your cheek.

"Everything is going to be okay y/n."

Glancing around the same white light your vision started to blur.

"Where are we Peter?"

Peter placed both of his hands carefully on your cheeks.

"You're with me."

His eyes lingered down on your lips.

"Peter what are you doing?"

He started to lean in closer. Then you heard a gunshot coming from the distance. Peter fell forward and you barely catch him. Someone must of shot him from behind.