Chapter 5: Prom

Peter's P.O.V.

I glanced at myself in the mirror as I straightened my bow tie. This is going to be the night. The night I finally tell y/n how I feel. I really hope Brody was right about her feeling the same way. I mean we almost kissed twice. That has to mean something. Please let it mean something. I ran my hands down my face as I flattened my pale blue suit out to look at myself in the mirror. My hair was still a little damp from the shower I just took. It will just dry off fast if I just ran around a little. Okay I'm ready for this. Then I took off upstairs to the kitchen to where my mom and sister were waiting for me. My sister squealed and ran up to hug my leg. I laughed as I leaned down to shuffle her hair. My mother stood up to study me.

"So tonight's the night."

I looked down and smiled at my feet.

"I really hope so."

Then my sister let go and started jumping around.

"Are you and y/n going to kiss?"

She started playfully giggling.

"As long as you promise not to interrupt us this time."

Then she looked down and played with her feet looking embarrassed.

"I promise..."

My mom stepped closer to us growing curious in our conversation.

"What are you two talking about?"

My sister and I exchanged a look trying not to smile.

"We should get going or we aren't going to have time for pictures before Natalie picks us up."

I walked over to the fridge to get the corsage.

"Let's go!"

"I get to come too right?"

My sister beamed in front of me.

"Fine but don't be weird."

"Yay!"

Then we all walked out the door to cross the street to y/n's house. I came up to the door and knocked. Y/n's mom opened the door.

"Hey! Come in! Y/n hasn't come down yet but she probably will in a minute."

We all came in and sat on their couch. Lorna and Clare starting playing with Clare's toys. Travis sat on his mom's lap as she talked to my mom. I sat at the end of the couch staring at the stairs anticipating seeing her. Then I heard a door close upstairs and footsteps. Immediately I was on my feet and by the foot of the stairs. Then I saw her. She had her hair lightly curled and was wearing a light blue dress. When we made eye contact my heart stopped as she gave me a wide wholehearted smile. Her smile made me smile because her smile was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I stayed in a trance until she made her way down the stairs to me.

"You look... amazing."

She placed her hands on my shoulders.

"You look good too."

"Time for pictures!"

We heard her mom say behind us. They took pictures of us putting on the corsage and boutineer. Then they took some of us standing next to each other. In each picture I couldn't take my eyes off her. Then we heard a car honk outside which meant our ride was here. We said goodbye to our families as we walked out the door to Natalie's car. I opened the backdoor of Natalie's car to escort y/n in. As we got ourselves seated we greeted Natalie and Brody.

"I'm sorry we couldn't take my car..."

"It's not your fault you got in a car crash."

Natalie stated.