Chapter 23: Healing

Peter's P.O.V.

My eyes opened and glanced up at the ceiling. I looked over to my side and saw y/n sleeping peacefully. A big smile appeared on my face as I realized what happened yesterday wasn't just a dream. She rolled over to face me in her sleep. I pulled her closer to me and rested my chin on her head. We stayed like that for a moment before she slightly shifted. I let go of the embrace a little bit to study her face. She was smirking while keeping her eyes tightly shut.

"I know you're awake."

My fingers brushed her cheek as she tried to contain a smile.

"What are you? Santa Clause?"

"Yes, are you ready for your present?"

She nodded before leaning her face closer to mine.

"Shouldn't you wait for Christmas?"

"Can you actually wait that long?"

She teased before I pressed my lips onto hers gently. When I broke away she opened her e/c eyes to gaze into mine.

"So... since you're awake are you going to tell me what happened?"

"What do you mean?"

"You died."

"Oh, well I really don't know.... I just woke up in Stryker's facility.."

I looked away from her glance as my thoughts went everywhere.

"You've... been in Stryker's facility... this whole time?"

My fingers ran through my hair as I tried to calm down.

"I could've saved you... but I just sat around and..."

I didn't get to finish my babbling before y/n pulled me into a rough kiss. She broke away and held my face in her hands.

"Peter, you didn't know, it's not your fault."

I placed my hands on hers and leaned forward to kiss her nose.

"But I could've saved you."

"But you didn't know."

"But I should have."

"That doesn't matter, what does matter is that I'm here right now."

"But what about later?"

"I'll still be here."

I slightly smiled at her as I leaned in for another kiss.

"Now, why don't we go get something to eat for breakfast?"

She asked and she laid back down on the bed as she waited for my response.

"For like food?"

"Yeah like bacon, eggs, pancakes, or something..."

I leaned down to lay on top of her.

"None of those appeal to my taste buds right now."

My hands met hers as I slowly moved them above her head.

"Then what are you hungry for?"

I leaned down to slowly peck her neck up to her ear. She gripped my hands as I buried my lips into the crevices of her skin.

"I think you know."

I whispered in her ear as my lips made their way back up to her cheek. She smirked as I pressed my lips against hers passionately. Her fingers left my hands as she placed them around my neck. I deepened each kiss as my hands traced down to her chest. She lightly tugged at the rim of my shirt which caused me to react by immediately taking off my shirt. I slowly detached myself from her lips and moved down to her waist. My fingers delicately started pulling up her shirt as I pecked her stomach. Then there was a knock on the door. We both groaned as I rolled off of her.