Chapter 25: Forever

Peter's P.O.V.

I studied myself in the mirror as I looked down at my suit. My breath stuttered before I glanced at my shoes smiling. Damn I haven't been this nervous since the day of prom. I jumped around a little trying to get our my jitters.

"Hey."

Someone said from the doorway making me almost piss my pants.

"You're a little jumpy."

My dad said as he slightly smiled at me.

"Yeah I'm just a little nervous."

"About the wedding?"

"Yeah."

I said as I glanced at myself in the mirror again. Erik came up behind me and surveyed my expression.

"Why are you so nervous?"

"I don't know it's not like I'm asking her out for the first time or anything."

I said as I laughed out a smile.

"I've heard it's normal to be nervous on a wedding day plus Lorna said you were probably nervous when I was helping her with her powers earlier."

Erik turned me towards him to straighten my bowtie.

"I bet y/n is more nervous than me though."

Your P.O.V.

Your eyes were closed as the girls did your hair. They wanted it to be a surprise and that was not helping with all your anxiety.

"Y/n, Peter is your best friend and soulmate, this wedding is going to be the best day of your life."

Jean sent to you as she realized your worries. You smiled before everyone stopped touching your head.

"Okay, y/n open our eyes."

Jubilee squealed as she placed the veil on your head. Your eyes opened to see the beauty they created. It was perfect. Your hair was curled in a way that it wasn't too poofy.

"Thank you! It's perfect!"

Jubilee applauded herself as Ororo went over to your closet to get out your wedding dress.

"Time for the dress!"

You giggled before getting up from your chair and admiring the dress. The dress skirt flowed out and the top was lace with a sweetheart neck dip under it. You picked up the dress and went over to the bathroom to change. The dress slipped on perfectly as you slowly buttoned the back. You glanced at yourself in the mirror and smiled before walking back out. All the girls were in astonishment as you made your way into the room.

"Peter is going to die from how hot you look."

Jubilee joked as you looked down in slight embarrassment. You blushed while smoothing out the dress.

"I'm ready."

*a little while later*

You were inside the mansion with Charles who was ready to walk you down the aisle. Your hands started shaking as you both starting making your way to the ceremony.

"Charles?"

"Yes?"

He questioned before the both of you went outside the doors.

"I'm really glad you're the one that is going to walk me down the aisle."

"Me too."

He said with a smile as he reached his hand out for you to take. You took a deep breath before taking it. Then he guided you outside where you took a deep breath of spring air. It calmed you down as everyone turned around to see the bride. You glanced around at your family and friends in the seats as you started walking down the aisle. Then your eyes met familiar chestnut ones as they gazed towards the front of you. All of your nervousness went away as that adorable silver-haired man smiled like an idiot. Charles let go of your hand and gestured for you to walk over to Peter. You made your way over to him as he stood there in a trance.