Chapter 22: Quickie

Your P.O.V.

They finally got the mansion rebuilt and got everyone situated in their rooms. There were more girls than boys so the girls had to have roommates. You didn't know who your roommate was yet but you hoped it was Jean because you were able to talk to her. Your body was spread out on the bed in thought. You were confused what was going on with Peter. He definitely remembered you but he looks at you like he doesn't know who you are. Did he just forget what you looked like or something? That must be the case because that's the only thing that makes sense. Then the door creaked open and you peaked your eyes over. It was Hank not your new roommate.

"Hey y/n, I figured out how to fix your voice problem."

You shot up and got off the bed quickly.

"Follow me."

He gestured towards to the door as the both of you started walking down the hall. As you passed some students you heard a faint weeping. You whipped your head around trying to find the source. Then you saw Scott hugging a girl that was sobbing into his chest. The girl had slightly curly auburn hair and she was completely breaking down about something. Your hand touched her shoulder in comfort as she turned to look at you. When you got a better glimpse at her you realized that it was Ruthie.

"Y/n?"

She staggered out as she tried to get herself together.

"You're... alive?"

You nodded as you tried to figure out what was wrong. Her expression went from a sad one to a furious one.

"You're alive and Alex isn't?! This isn't fair!"

She pushed you away and started to run down the hall. Scott put his hand on your shoulder to assure your confusion.

"I'm sorry she's an emotional wreck right now."

Then he ran down the hall after her. Hank put his hand on your shoulder.

"C'mon let's go."

You followed him into this room with all these science things everywhere. He walked over to some chemicals bubbling.

"Okay this solution should solve the problem with your voice."

He turned down the heat and poured a little bit into a cup.

"It doesn't taste that good but it should take effect immediately once it touches your cords."

You shrugged as you picked up the cup to examine the solution. Hank gave you a look of reassurance. You picked up the cup and swallowed the solution quickly. A look of disgust came onto your face. It tasted like a combination of dirty socks and rotten fish. Hank was waiting for you to react to the solution.

"How do I know when it has taken effect?"

Hank laughed as he slightly congratulated himself.

"We just found out."

Your eyes got wide as you realized you just talked.

"Hank! Thank you!"

You said in excitement as you quickly hugged him.

"Stryker just put this coat of this type of chemical onto your vocal cords, I just needed to make something that would burn off the coat without damaging the vocal cords."

You barely paid attention to what he was saying before you started heading towards the door.

"Hank you're a genius, but I have to go find Peter."

You saw him smile before you started running down the hall. Your eyes scanned everywhere as you made your way around the whole mansion. But you couldn't find him anywhere. After hours of searching through every crevice of the mansion, you just went into your room. When you opened the door your sad expression grew into a happy one as you saw your new roommate.