Chapter 13: Father

Your P.O.V.

You woke up to your face tangled in a mess of silver hair. Your face leaned away to take in the light of the room. You thought that you should get back to your bedroom. Your body shifted a little causing Peter to turn towards you.

"Where are you going?"

He whispered in a groggy voice.

"I got to go back to my room before my mom wakes up."

Suddenly, his body draped over you restricting any movement.

"No, don't leave..."

"Peter, I can't breathe."

He lifted up his weight slightly as he pressed his forehead against yours.

"Stay with me."

His morning breath grazed your neck.

"Peter, I want to so bad, but I have to go."

His lips lingered on yours slowly.

"Please..."

Then you both heard a cough coming from the corner of the room. Both of your eyes got wide as you looked at other.

"Did you lock the door?"

"No, did you?"

Then you both slowly turned to where the cough came from. Peter's mom was standing by the open door with her arms crossed. Peter immediately got off of you and laid beside you in the bed.

"Hey mom..."

"So, how long has this been going on?"

"Um.. since Prom..."

"And you were going to tell me when?"

"Uh, I don't know.."

You laid there in silence while Peter and his mom were talking. Then your mom walked into the room.

"Hey.."

She stopped her sentence when she saw you.

"What is going on here!"

You jumped off the bed and ran over to her.

"Mom, I can explain!"

"Don't, just come to breakfast.. both of you!"

You ran out the door after her but she ignored you. This is exactly why you hid your relationship from her in the first place. Peter whipped up next to you as you were speed walking down the hall. His mom followed close behind you two. As you got to the kitchen, Ruthie and Wanda were sitting across from each other. Lorna and Clare were both sitting on the end of the table next to each other.Travis was sitting on the other end of the table in a high chair. You and Peter headed towards the two chairs next to each other at the other side of the table. Then your moms walked in and crossed their arms in unison.

"No, you two sit in those two empty chairs by Ruthie and Wanda."

You both kept your heads down as you sat next to Ruthie and Peter sat next to Wanda.

"Did you guys get caught too?"

You whispered towards Ruthie as she nodded. You all sat in silence while your mother distributed breakfast to everyone. The silence was starting to drive you crazy. You couldn't eat anything because you were so in shock on what just happened. Peter brushed his leg with yours. You looked up at his concerned face. You could tell he felt bad about what just happened. He kept rubbing his legs with yours as an attempt to comfort you. You gave him a slight smile to let him know you were okay. They were going to find out eventually anyways, it just sucks that it was today. You all continued to eat in silence for a while. Then Wanda got fed up with the quietness of the room.