Chapter 14: Stars

Your P.O.V.

You ran your hands through your hair as you walked into the kitchen of the cabin. It was your last day at the cabin. You wished you could all just stay there forever. No one else was awake yet so you decided on making everyone breakfast for your last day. You decided to make pancakes as you started getting out all the ingredients. Then you realized you couldn't find the flour. After a while of looking your eyes trailed up to the top of the cupboards. You groaned as you hoisted yourself onto the counter carefully. You stood up on the counter and reached for the flour. Then your foot slipped off the counter causing yourself to fall. You braced yourself for a hurtful fall was you fell into strong arms. Your eyes opened in confusion to see Peter smirk down at you.

"You didn't think I'd let you fall did you?"

You looked away from him to hide a smile.

"You always catch me."

"Always."

He lifted your chin up to him as he gave you a soft kiss. Then a flash of light went around the two of you. You and Peter turned to see Lorna running away with a camera giggling. You both laughed as Peter gently placed your feet back on the ground.

"I still need the flour.."

"Why? What are you making?"

"I thought I'd make pancakes."

"I'll make the pancakes!"

"Peter! No, you suck at cooking.."

"No, I don't"

"Remember the time you almost burned down my house!"

"Oh yeah... I forgot about that.."

He scratched the back of his neck in shame.

"What do you mean almost burned the house down?"

You both turned to see your mom standing by the archway to the kitchen. Peter immediately zipped out of the room. Your mom walked up closer to you.

"What happened?"

"The house didn't burn down, it almost did."

"Why?"

"Let's just say don't let Peter cook... ever..."

Your mother laughed as she looked over at the stuff you had out on the counter.

"Pancakes?"

"Yeah, I was going to make them for breakfast."

"I'll tell you what, I'll make the pancakes while you go utilize the rest of our time in this cabin."

"Okay, thanks mom."

You rushed out of the kitchen to look for Peter in the living room. Then your eyes glanced at the bookshelf in the corner. You thought about maybe reading a book you find interesting that was on the bookshelf. Your fingers traced all the books for one that stood out to you. You grabbed one and started reading it on the couch. Suddenly, Peter appeared next to you as you were reading.

"Whatcha doing?"

"Reading."

"Why?"

"I don't know, I couldn't find you since you ditched me in the kitchen."

"So you decided to read instead of check in my room?"

"Yep."

"Babe..."

"I'm reading."

"You know one of those books is on palm reading."

"Okay?"