Chapter 2

SATURDAY / JULY / 2016

10:05 AM

Well, today's the day! Mom will be leaving soon to go onto her 'business' trip for a few days, and Dawn and I will be going to the live show and meet our heroes; the Tenderloins! I couldn't sleep because I was too excited. Dawn possibly couldn't sleep either. This is like the best summer that's ever happened to us, yet the summer has only just officialy begun.

I turned on my phone to check the time, illuminating the whole room with a bright light, almost blinding myself. Great. The show doesn't start until 7 in the evening. I can't wait any longer! Why wont time go any faster? All of these thoughts are driving me insane, but thankfully, insane enough to make myself tired and fall asleep again.

Mmmmmm.......

***

"Mel! Wake up! Wake up!" Dawn shouted jumping on my bed desperate to wake me up.

"Go away! Can't you see I'm trying to get some sleep?!" I buried myself with the blue blanket, trying to make things go dark. It didn't help make things go quiet though.

"It's 3 o'clock in the afternoon silly!" Dawn points out. What? It can't be 3 PM already. I just fell asleep. I checked my phone again. She's right! Wow, I guess time did go faster. I swear to god though, it felt like I just fell asleep seconds ago. "Today's the day! It's happening!" she carries on jumping on my bed, almost stomping my face.

"Oh my god! It is! I can't believe today is the day!" I express joyfully finally getting out of my bed. This is going to be insane. I still haven't thought about what to say when I meet the Jokers at the meet and greet! I better think fast.

Dawn and I ran down the stairs together and found mom wearing her white bathrobe, watching television, the news to be precise. Nothing interesting happens in the news, but of course, we were screaming and shouting of pure excitement for the show tonight, so she couldn't hear anything. She didn't mind though. If I had kids and my kids would scream and shout when I watch TV, then I'd totally lose my marbles, unless there's a good reason why.

"Good afternoon girls!" mom said, but we're still making so much noise. "Girls, you might want to think about the neighbours." mom finishes concernly, raising her voice so that we could hear her. I honestly didn't care about the poor neighbours. Most of them are pretty old anyway.

"Sorry mom." Dawn and I said in unison, still showing our grins. How can we be quiet? It's going to be awesome! Eventually, we were able to control our excitement and decided to go outside in the backyard to relax. The backyard was an average size garden. Just some grass and a small shed at the left corner. All houses in the cul-de-sac have gardens like ours. Dawn and I then started a conversation about what we're goning to say when we meet them tonight.

"I'm going to give Q the picture that I drew!" Dawn smiles looking up at the clear blue sky as she strokes her hair backwards, revealing her pale forehead. I honestly don't know how Q would react about it, but I guess I'm just sort of being a little cynical to her in some way, I don't know why. So I told her that Q would love the picture for sure.

"Do you not want them to sign it?" I inquire curiously.

"No, this is for Q only. And it's for him to keep!" Dawn claims happily. "What about you?" she asks me.

"I think I just wanna say how awesome they are and that I love their show, you know, that kind of stuff." I answered, but Dawn just stares at me with a surprised look.

"That's it? You don't have any gifts to give them?" Dawn asks, yet suggesting at the same time. I never thought about gifts. I thought about what gift I can give them. I thought hard, but I don't think I have anything to give, until something popped up in my head.