Chapter 18

TUESDAY / JULY / 2016

1:47 PM

"I'm coming!"

I may be a woman who loves to dress up in different outfits with lots of colors and materials in so many styles, but now this is just getting ridiculous. I might just want to go all tomboy from now on. I mean, I did it once. Yesterday.

My frustration is killing me on the inside, it's eating me alive. The pressure I'm feeling right now is insane. I've got Sal Vulcano, the man of my dreams, at my front door waiting for me and I'm not even dressed yet.

After mixing and matching the several shirts and jeans and dresses, I've eventually found the outfit I'm going to wear: a blue denim jacket over a small white dress. Simple and casual. I should just stick to simple from now on. Sometimes, I feel like fashion can be a waste of time.

I ran downstairs to grab my short brown leather boots. I sat down on the stairs to put them on, and at the same time, Sal knocks on the door again.

"I'm almost ready!" I bark until I feel like my lungs are about to explode.

"Perhaps we should reschedule for another day." Sal says through the other side of the room. I can see his silhouette figure at the glass mirror. As long as he's there, then that's good. He probably just said that to make me get ready faster. It worked though. I mean, I wouldn't want to wait another day just so I can hang out with Sal.

I ran to the door and swung it open to see Sal wearing a white plaid shirt and dark ocean blue jeans. He's also wearing his glasses, which I find really cute. "You see? Ready." I gesture myself fully clothed.

"Took you long enough." Sal crossed his arms.

I also crossed my arms. "It wasn't that long."

Sal checked his watch. "Yeah, 25 minutes isn't that long."

"Don't tell me that you stood there in my front porch waiting for me for 25 minutes straight?" I said, slightly shaking my head in disbelief.

I didn't get an answer. Only a smirk creeped on his face. I grabbed my keys and purse and closed the door, forgetting about what we just talked about. What's important is that we're hanging out.

I'm still amazed and excited that this is really happening. I never thought that the man I have a crush on feels the same way as I do. Now that I know how he feels about me, I can feel relaxed and admire him even more. Just being next to him makes my insides all warm and gooey.

"Where do you wanna go?" Sal asks me as he opens the door for me.

"We could get something to eat." I answer with my hand placed in my stomach.

I hop inside his car, put my seatbelt on and Sal turned the engine on. Along the way, he placed his right hand on my thigh, gently rubbing it. I wanted to do so many things to him, with him. But right now, it'll have to wait.

***

He took me to a a small café in the middle of Staten Island where they sell coffee and cakes. The inside of the café was crowded, but people do come and go, so it's busy. The wooden walls and modern lighting gave the room a contemporary look, making the atmosphere relaxing. I was afraid of not being able to get a seat, since it looks like a nice place, but Sal did find us a place to sit.

He looked at the menu that was placed on the wooden table and passed it to me when he had finished reading it, knowing what he wants. I observe the list of cakes they had and a few caught my eye.

A waitress, with the name "Zoe" tagged on her shirt pocket, came to us with a pen and notepad, waiting for us to order. Sal gestured me to go first.