Chapter 5

8:00 PM

The live show had finally finished and the Jokers thanked everyone for coming and soon left the stage. I try to get Sal's attention again before he left, but he didn't see me.

Later on, my sister and I shared a picture of the Tenderloins that we were given for signing and got in line for the meet and greet. I can definetly feel the pressure crushing me, I am so nervous. No, anxious. Terrified. After what my sister has just done, they would probably be more interested in her than me. Again, I can't let that thought ruin the night. I still have gifts to give them, so it'll be okay.

As I wait in line, I could hear several people talking about my sister! This must be Dawn's best day ever for sure. Next thing I know, she could be on the Internet and be a mega star or something. Maybe even the Jokers themselves would mention her on their social media accounts. I try to not let that thought let me down and try to think of a brightside of it; if something like that does happen, maybe I'll be known as the sister of that girl who stole the show, or that girl Sal likes. At least I got some attention. Going through the humiliation and excitement of my favourite Joker noticing me; I'd say it's worth it.

Every step closer to the Jokers made me more nervous. It was Joe first, then Murr, Q and Sal. I wonder what Sal would say when he sees me. Should I bring it up again? Nah, I wouldn't want him to feel uncomfortable. I didn't realise that as I was thinking of what to say to them, Dawn tugged my dress and tilted her head at the guys. We're next.

I walk up to Joe, and instantly, he grins at both of us. This oughta be good.

"Hi Joe!" my sister and I both said in unison as we start hugging Joe.

"Hey! You're Sal's dream girl, am I right?" Joe jokes, taking a better look at me. I wish what he said is true.

"Oh I wish!" I laugh, trying to not let the negative emotions get to me. "We're both fans of the show!" I add. My hand is in the bag ready to give out a charm with the letter J for his name and the letter L for...you know.

"Will you sign this?" Dawn gives Joe the photo.

"Of course!" Joe exclaims and signs his signature under himself in the photo. "What's your name?" he asks.

"Dawn!" she replies with a grin. "And that's my sister Mel!" she points at me. I would have introduced myself to him, but it was nice of her to do so anyways.

"I have a little someting for you Joe!" I grab out the charm and give it to Joe. He smiles and what he did next, I laughed my ass off.

"LARRY! I HAVE SOMETHING FOR YOU!" Joe shouts looking for Larry. He is amazing! He really knows how to make people laugh. All because of a little improv. It's sort of why I wanted to be an actress. Joe returns the photo with his signature and we both took a picture with him. Again, he is amazing! He thanks me and gives me a brief hug. He wore a nice cologne too.

"Oh, if you don't mind, could you do a quick hello message?" I ask. "It's for my friend Ashley, and she couldn't make it. It'll make her day." I add. Joe agrees and I start recording. He said hey to Ashley and felt sorry for her for not being able to make it.

Dawn and I said our thanks and moved along to meet the next Joker; Murr!

"Hey Murr!" I wave.

"Hi!" Murr opens his arms, wanting a hug from us. Dawn and I both hugged him at the same time. After that, he looks at Dawn. "You stole the show kid!" Murr laughs after recognizing my sister. "Made it one of our best nights ever!"

"Wow, really?" Dawn's jaw dropped as she shows her clean white smile. Murr nods and then turns to me.

"And you must be Sal's dream girl?" Murr jokes, slightly pointing at me with his pen.