Chapter 21

SATURDAY / JULY / 2016

9:56 AM

Another beautiful morning. I woke up on an old yet comfy mattress on the floor, in Ashley's room, surrounded by our friends, sleeping like newborn babies. I sat myself up and took a moment to think of what I need to do next. Just as I let myself get lost into my thoughts for a second, I left the bedroom and tip-toed my way to the kitchen where I made a glass of orange juice, quenching my thirst.

I sat down on the wooden chair, with the glass on my hand and the other hand placed on my forehead, watching the sun slowly rise from behind the roof of the house across the street. I slept alright, but there was a moment where I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about the tips and advice my friends gave me, but there was one that kept popping up in my head; 'don't cheat'. It made me shudder terribly.

Why would I cheat on him? He's the man of my dreams. There's no one else I'd rather be with, except for Patrick. He's a nice guy. Maybe that's why I'm sort of worried about it. No, I wouldn't just mindlessly run into Patrick's arms and dump Sal like that. Patrick even wants me to go out with him, in a way.

I went to the hall where my duffel bag was placed and grabbed my phone out. I turn it on and go to contacts to find Sal's number. I found his number and called him.

As my phone rang, there was a click, then it made a low beep sound a couple of times. I moved my phone away from my ear to make sure everything was ok.

"Call declined?" I read.

Did he decline my call? Did I cancel his call by accident? Maybe he's busy? Maybe it's Murr?

Suddenly, as I placed my phone on the counter, my phone started to vibrate. I instantly grabbed it and looked at the screen. It's Sal. He wants to Facetime me. I immediately accepted the request and I saw a sleepy Sal in bed.

"Sorry! Did I wake you?" I smile.

"No, I was already awake by the time you called. Besides, I'd rather see your pretty face than hear your voice." Sal answered as he rubbed his eyes.

"Why? Don't you like my voice?" I joked.

"No, that's not what I meant..." Sal sighed. "I'm just happy to be talking to you, that's all."

"You're sweet." I blush.

"What can I tell you? I'm known to be a very sweet guy." Sal smiled. A smile that any girl could fall for. "So what's up?"

"I've just been thinking about the other day when we hung out. It was fun. I actually had a great time."

"Any day is great whenever I'm around. Who wouldn't want to hang out with Ja'Crispy?"

"Well, for starters, the people who wouldn't want to hang out with Ja'Crispy are the people who wouldn't want to hang out with a guy that has the word 'Ja' in their nickname."

"You're going out with a guy that has the nickname that starts with 'Ja'." Sal points at himself, a half smirk creeping on the side of his face.

"But I like guys that has a nickname beginning with 'Ja'. Heck, I like a guy that even has a nickname at all."

"Alright. What about 'Crispy'?"

"I don't want to get into any details, Sal." I chuckle nervously.

"Fair enough. So you're still free today?" Sal sat himself up from bed.

"You kidding? I'm always free on a Saturday." I answer.

"Noted. Well, that's terrific. I was thinking we could go somewhere where we can have some fun. You know, like real fun."