Chapter 13

So, here's a question. A question that some of you want to know. Why do I want to be an actress? And another question. What made me interested in drama in the first place?

Well, for starters, I love to play pretend. It requires creativity, imagination. If you have one or both of those things, then you can pretend to be anyone you want to be. When I was a kid, I always wanted to be a princess, because with my imagination, I pretend that I'm lost in the woods, waiting for my Prince Charming to come find me. As I got older, I decided to create different characters, or egos if you want to call it.

With my quick thinking and creative skills, I eventually told my mom that I decided to pursue performing arts and want to be an actress when I grow up. I would go to any drama clubs I can find in my school and always perform in auditions in front of my teachers for upcoming school plays. Though I'm not perfect at it, I love it nonetheless.

Fame and money used to be important to me when I was a kid, all I can think about was walking down the red carpet with a super celebrity / husband and win an Oscar, but now I soon realize that fame and money will never matter to me. As long as I can support myself financially and have a roof over my head, I'll be okay.

I don't have an agent, I haven't had my first proper audition, with casting directors and producers watching me to see if I'm right for a role, yet I'm already going to be on TV.

"You would look pretty in that." A familiar voice said behind me.

I turn around to look at the person who spoke to me. My heart didn't shatter, but I feel gutted to look at my best friend Patrick looking into my crystal blue eyes. He stares at me like observing every detail about me, inside and out.

"You obviously don't have good taste in fashion." I reply, already regretting what I said since he actually does have a good taste in fashion and style. He was just joking, I'm sure.

"Come on, love. I'm serious." Patrick says.

"What, a green t-shirt with some ugly monster on it? I don't think you are serious." I held up that ugly shirt in front of Patrick. He smirks, taking it and placing it on my chest, as if I'm wearing it.

"There. What do I tell you? You look so pretty." Patrick puckers his lips, clasping his hands together which showed his feminine side. He knows how to make me laugh, but I need to stay focused.

"Patrick, can you go somewhere else?" I begged, trying to shove him away.

"I will, if you come with me, love." Patrick says holding my wrist.

"Not now!" I growl, which failed to make Patrick go away. Just as he's trying to pull me away and take me somewhere, I spotted him. Sal. He looked lost. If he sees me with Patrick, then he might get the wrong idea. "He's here." I whisper.

As those two words quietly escaped my mouth, he got the message. He didn't even turn around to make sure that I was serious. His mouth formed a small "o" shapen, then he gently lets go of my wrist, gives me the thumbs up and walks away to give me some space. Thank god!

Now that Patrick is out of the way, what do I do with Sal? Should I go to him, or should I wait here until he notices me? Oh no, deja vu. This is just like the welcome party. Maybe I should go to him. No, I already did that. But what if he doesn't see me? Crap, I'm so indecisive.

"That suits you." A voice says, taking me back to reality. I look at the man, wearing the Gap uniform. Showtime.

"Yeah, if I'm into comics and-" I take that ugly shirt of my chest and took another look at the front before chucking it back on the pile. "-strange ugly monsters." I finish my sentence.