Chapter 15

"Ashley?" I speak after waiting for her to say something.

It had been a full ten minutes since I told my closest friend Ashley the big news about my new neighbours. She hasn't said a word since. She didn't blink, nor flinch. I tried waving at her to get her back to Earth. Even my sister Dawn gave her a little shove to get her back to the real world, but we got no reaction from her. It's strange, because she never sits still for that long. Maybe this is her way of reacting to things like what I've just said. I mean, two of her favourite people just moved in across the street from where I live. She should be jealous.

Wait...

Q and Sal aren't her two favourite people...

"I also got to kiss Murr!" I said.

How could I forget that, out of all of the four, her favourite Joker is the one and only ferret? And as I expected, she completely lost it.

"No way! That is so awesome!" Ashley exclaims joyfully. "I'm like so jealous!"

"You didn't kiss Murr!" Dawn tells the truth, then looks at me. "Besides, Sal would totally kill you if you kissed that ferret."

"Wait, you have a crush on Sal!?" Ashley exclaims, not believing what she just heard.

I begin to stutter, because of course it's true. I do have a crush on him, but he doesn't know yet. And for now, I rather keep it that way. I don't want to scare him. Who knows what would happen if he found out.

"I do, but you can't tell anyone else about this. It's a secret." I finally tell my best friend.

"It ain't a secret if someone else knows." Ashley points out. "So did you kiss him?" Ashley asks, but before I can answer, she continues talking. ""Oh my god, you did, didn't you!? What was it like?"

And she just goes on and on about me and Sal. It's nice to hear her finally talk again, that sweet voice, but my god, will she just shut up for one second so I can continue to explain why I ran off without saying anything. She's probably making up for the whole ten minutes when she was silent.

Finally, she stops to catch a breath. And now, I can proceed to tell her everything.

"Look, the reason why I ran off like that was because Sal needed me-"

"For a quickie!?" Ashley blathers suddenly, interrupting me.

"Eww, no. Besides, it's too soon for them. They've known each other for like, what, three to four days?" Dawn answers in disgust, not wanting to think about the stuff she doesn't want to think about. But now that Ashley brought it up, it sounds kinda hot.

"No. Sal needed my help so he can win a challenge on the show." I tell her.

"Wait, you were on the Impractical Jokers?" Ashley excaims again.

"I will be, so technically, yeah!" I squeal excitedly.

That one small part made me the happiest and luckiest girl alive. I'm just so happy right now. It makes me wonder if I'll be on the show again. I hope so.

"Without me!?" Ashley frowns.

Uh, yeah. I completely forgot that, at the time, Ashley is a huge Impractical Jokers fan just like me and Dawn. Shit, now I'm starting to feel bad for her. The way she pouts makes me cringe, but even so, she's visibly upset.

"Yeah, sorry about that. Next time though." I attempt to cheer her up. I would bring her along, but I wasn't sure if she'd be able to control herself, like clinging on Murr's ankle or anything else that can be considered "crazy". I mean, I was lucky enough to make Patrick play along. Or shoo him away for a little bit.