Chapter 19

After Sal had paid for the bill for our lunch, which was very pricey to be honest, we left the café. We didn't have any other plans to go somewhere, so we just followed the stone sidewalk, letting the path take us wherever it goes.

It's quite an adventure, and it's even better when you're with someone you really like. The weather slowly changed, as the sunshine soon hid away from the white fluffy clouds that slowly turned dark grey, the wind getting stronger as our faces felt the cool breeze. Thankfully, it didn't rain. That was the only thing I was concerned about. As I am wearing a beautiful white dress, it'd be a shame if it got ruined.

Sal suddenly held my hand and clenched it tight, not wanting to let go. This made my heart skip a beat. I know that he's a germaphobe, so this surprised me a little. Maybe he isn't that much of a germ freak that we all know on the screen. Or maybe he's just trying to be a gentleman. It made me almost flinch by moving my hand away, knowing that he might catch a cold because I didn't wash my hands. Not that I don't. Believe me, I may not be a germaphobe like him, but I'm serious about keeping myself and other things sanitary. But I didn't flinch. I didn't let go. I mean, why would I ever want to let go?

I look at his sweet caramel-toned face and fell into his emerald eyes. This is what makes me love him. Him just being here, it's the greatest feeling I've ever felt in my life.

I picked up the pace and started to run, still holding onto Sal's hand. It feels more like I'm pulling, dragging him around.

We both laugh along the way, and we suddenly ran into the entrance of the local park. A quiet place where few people are out and about. A place where a myriad of trees almost surrounded the area due to an abundance of leaves, those attached to it and otheres in piles. Sal catches me off guard, wrapping his arms around me and tilting his body to the side until both our bodys have made contact with the greenest grass in all of Staten Island. Our bodys start to roll down the hill, one second I'm on top of him, the next he's on top of me.

The land leveled and the roll ended with me lying on top of Sal, his eyes still fixed at mine. My subconcious wanted me to do things to him now that I'm in that position, but instead I got up and gasped in shock after looking at my dress.

"That's my favourite dress! Now look at it!" I gesture at my dress that had been covered in dirt. I never get my dresses dirty, so this is the first.

"Don't worry. I have an idea." Sal raises a finger while trying to keep a straight face. He comes closer to me, then picks me up bridal style. He turns around and approaches a massive lake.

I struggle to get free. "Sal! No!" I shake my body trying to break free. He slowly starts swinging my body, mentally counting down from three, each second made me struggle.
Next thing that happened, I was thrown into the lake. Thankfully it wasn't shallow, so I didn't break my ass bone, but it wasn't very deep. I shiver as I climbed out.

I cross my arms, not only that it shows how pissed off I am, but also I'm trying to warm up. He thought that was funny, it clearly shows by the outburst of tears as he tries to keep balance.

"Now my dress is completely ruined!" I stutter.

"At least the dirt came off." Sal tries to placate me by pointing out the good side of the dress, but he failed to keep a serious face. His tone also proved that he didn't give a damn about what happened to my clothes.

As I watched Sal trying keep on his two feet, his hands resting on his knees, still laughing after what he had just done, I couldn't help but laugh a little myself. Not only that it was just a joke and meant no harm, but also I saw a perfect opportunity for revenge.

Sal is inches away from the lake that he threw me in. I crept up behind him, and without hesitation, I charged and pushed him from behind.

"Aaah!" Sal screams as he fell in. It was actually harder than I thought. He wasn't easy to push. Or maybe I'm just weak. Or both.