Chapter 6

8:22 PM

I sit down on the soft seat in my little white Prius and started her up. It was starting to rain as I drive us both home. Dawn turns on the radio, but the sound coming out of it was weak, since we both talked about what happened at the live show like freaky fangirls.

"I can't believe you got the whole crowd chanting with you!" I shout in a convincingly nice manner, picturing that moment in the live show. I could already feel the humiliation come back.

"I had to as soon as I found out that you like Sal!" Dawn answers as she puts the signed picture in her red handbag that she brought.

"No you didn't. It wasn't necessary. Besides, what if I yelled one of Q's quotes from the show and the whole crowd started chanting with me? How would you feel?" I shoot.

"I would be totally okay with that, because you know how much I like Q, whereas you however, you kept your little secret of Sal to yourself!" Dawn barks back.

"Well now you know my little secret!" I spit, ignoring to look at her face and keeping my eyes on the road. God, I know she's my sister, but she can be a bit bitchy, but that's sort of her nature. She gets that from our dad. It's one of the onl y few things that mom told us about our dad before he left; his attitude.

"To be honest, I sort of figured it out a while ago." she confesses staring at her glinting red shoes.

"What? How?" I ask, glaring at her hangdog look.

"Well, you seem to laugh a lot harder and cry more when Sal gets punished. And I found a couple of Sal-quoted t-shirts in your closet." Dawn explains. I almost lost it when she said that she went looking through my things.

"What did I tell you about looking for things that you shouldn't be looking for?" I raise my voice putting my foot down on the pedal, going a little faster, probably over the speed limit.

"You always do that in my room. Why can't I?" Dawn throws the question like throwing a pie at my face.

"I have stuff in there that I don't want you to know, and I don't want you digging your dirty little hands in places where it shouldn't be. You know I'm protective about my things." I sigh, slowing the car down a little at a reasonable speed.

"Jeez, there's no need to be a baby about it." Dawn mumbles to herself, thinking I wouldn't hear her. Maybe I am being a little sensitive about the little things that didn't matter.

"I'm sorry." I frown.

"No, don't be. It's my fault. I know how private you keep your stuff, but I didn't think you were that serious." Dawn sobs, feeling sorry for me as she sits up. "But why can't you tell me? We're sisters." she says.

"Just because we're sisters doesn't mean that we can tell each other everything we know." I answer calmy. "It's not like that." I finish, almost whispering the last word.

Somehow, the rain got worse and so did the traffic. As I drive on the bridge, I'd expect a traffic jam to occur at some point, but it happened sooner than I thought, like when the school bell rings at the last hour before the end of the day and all the kids would jump out of their seats and try to leave at once. It became a total nightmare.

"Well, if you look at the brightside, at least Sal noticed you." Dawn says.

"He did." I blush lavishly, bashfully at that thought. He has one of the best smiles ever. No, the best smile ever. "I couldn't believe he didn't answer that question though." my smile soon faded.

"I think he couldn't answer because out of all the people in the crowd, you were the hottest looking girl there, and believe me, he would've totally said yes!" Dawn comments in a flattery tone.