}14{ Again

Lay's POV

I swear I've seen her before. I'm just not sure where from. She had a different effect on me than anyone. But she wouldn't answer me.

Rose's POV

I went outside after school and Lay still wasn't with Natalie but that meant that Natalie was alone with me.

"Hey new girl!" Natalie yelled

I kept walking

"Rose."

"I'm sorry, I don't know you...." I said and walked around her

"Liar. Did you forget that Hades is my uncle?"

I stopped in my tracks. 'Does she remember?' I thought

"Why did you give up your powers?" She asked and I turned around

"I couldn't control them, I could've killed a human girl, Lay or even the other guys." It was obvious that she knew, that she still had her memories.

"My uncle told me that he would give me everything I wanted...in other words, to have Lay be mine," she said, looking at the floor, "did he come see you?" She asked and I looked up. I didn't answer and she immediately knew the answer.

"From the first time he saw you, and until now, he still loves you..." she said, staring blankly at me.

"Does he still have his power? Do any of them have their powers?" I asked. She nodded her head 'no'.

"Since your mother and father don't have powers then the planet never existed and everyone there got a normal life on earth." She said and there was a long silence

"He loves you, how could you make him forget you?" she snapped

My dad beeped his horn driving up in front of the school.

"I'm sorry, I have to go..." I said and immediately got into the car

"Hey, sweetheart how was today?" Dad asked and I didn't answer, tears were silently dripping down my face.

"Honey?" He asked again and I quickly wiped my tears and into the rearview mirror, into his eyes, "it was fine," I said and plastered a fake smile.

For the rest of the drive, I didn't say a word. We pulled up into the garage, and I immediately grabbed my backpack and sprinted up to my room.

I sat in my room and sobbed quietly. Someone lightly knocked on my door and I quickly wiped away my tears, "come in."

"C'mon, kiddo, do you really expect to believe that you're fine? I'm your dad, I know you better than you know yourself." He said as he opened the door and let himself in, and sat on my bed with me.

"What's wrong? Second day didn't go so well? Not enough boys admiring your pretty face?" He said and I didn't even smile, I just fumbled with my blankets.

"Sweetie, you can tell me anything," he said and I looked up at him, letting a single tear fall.

"Dad, what do you do when someone you love is miserable but then your family is happy and you made a deal with the devil?"

He looked at me surprised before responding, "well, sometimes you can't control yourself or what you're doing but that's why you get through it slowly, even if it hurts, even if it takes forever, you get through it with someone you love."

I thought about it.

"If you could change the past, for the greater good, would you?" I asked

"Hmmm, well, I think everything happens in it's own way and time for a reason, so I guess, no I wouldn't," he said and rubbed my back comfortingly.

That Night

I heard knocking on my window, I looked up from my homework and saw Lay waving at me right in front of my window.

"How did you find my house?!"

"Student directory. Open up," he whispered loud enough for me to hear.

I opened my window and he immediately climbed in.

"Lay-" I exclaimed and before I could say anymore, he brought his finger up to my lips to shush me

"You have a truth to tell me," he said.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said but tears of misery filled my eyes as I looked into his begging eyes. I wanted to tell him so badly.

"Please tell me, I can't do anything if you don't tell me what's wrong."

"You love Natalie, you have your squad, you're popular, handsome, smart, why are you wasting your time with me?"

"I don't know but since I first saw you, I felt like I didn't need any of those things...." he said.

Tears slowly filled my eyes but I tried to tough it out. Instead, a single tear fell out of my eye.

"I screwed up, I really, really messed up, that's what happened. Is that what you want to hear?" I mumbled but my voice slowly escalating.

"What?" he was confused. Of course. Why wouldn't he be?

"God, I just wanted you and the boys to be safe, I could be happy again with my parents. But it's not the same," I started crying. He looked at me as I fell onto my bed.

"Hey," he sat on my bed and pulled my body close to his.

I cried on his shoulder as he rested his chin on my shoulder. He was suffering, I was suffering, I couldn't take it any longer.

I sniffled and wiped away the rest of my tears, I nodded my head while looking to the floor.

"I'm ready to tell you..."

I told him everything. He wasn't surprised, but he just looked at the floor blankly.

"So if me or anyone you love gets hurt then you get your powers back?" I nodded 'yes', "so you did love me?" He asked looking down

"No...." I said and he looked confused, "I've always loved you."