Chap 1

I walk in through the back doors of the house following Isabel. It's only like 7 o'clock but I tell her to go get pajamas on. I walk upstairs with her and follow her to the left. On my way up I see a side table that was knocked over and had small trinkets and a photo frame on the ground near it. I also see a door thrown wide opened. It looked like Alex did a record breaking sprint down the stairs.
I make sure there isn't any broken glass, and make sure Isabel goes to her room to change before I begin to pick up the small mess. I first lift up the little table and push it back against the wall where I remembered it being. Then I pick up the little plastic cup that looked like Isabel painted due to her favorite colors of orange and pink being all over it. I put the little wild flowers back in the cup and pick up the picture frame. I pick up the little dish and place all the spilled change back in it. I smile to myself at the picture. It was of Alex, my brothers and I. When I was really little the King family and my family were really close. My brothers and Alex were pretty much the only boys in this neighborhood due to the fact that it was mostly filled with retired lawyers and doctors. There was a couple other families with sons but they were all stuck up and nasty.
When my parents started getting more distant as we grew up, so did the King family. I only really am still acquainted with the family because I am the only girl in the neighborhood. Or at least I was until Isabel was born eight years ago. So of course I was recruited to be the babysitter whenever Alex couldn't watch her, or their parents wanted both of us to be there because they were worried with just two people in the big house.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts at the sound of Isabel opening her door. She pads down the hallway with quiet little feet. She looks at the picture and frowns.
"Where was I?" She asks me and I can't help but smile.
"You were just a baby, actually this was taken only a month after you were born." She creases her eyebrows a little bit.
"I wish I was in the picture." I decide to make her a little promise.
"Well I guess we'll have to take another one then. I'll get my brothers one day and we can take a picture. All six of us," she smiles before scanning me from head to toe.
"You look cold," she points out. I was. I was in my bathing suit with a t shirt over top, because I had been out at the pool before I fell asleep in the hammock.
"Just a little bit. I'll survive," I wave it off. She just grabs my hand and drags me towards Alex's room.
"This is where Alex keeps his warm clothes. Sometimes he gives me his sweatpants when I'm cold or one of his soft shirts." She continues to pull me through his room. I look around a bit and see grey walls and light wood flooring. The trim is all white and the room looks very refreshing. His bed spread is a dark navy blue color and he has a thick white blanket folded on the end of his bed.
Isabel lets go of my hand and disappears through a doorway three times the size of her. She walks out a minute later with a pair of light grey joggers and a thick flannel shirt.
"Here ya go! This is just like dress up!" She motions to the clothes.
"See I'm wearing them too!" I laugh at the huge flannel she is wearing, she's practically swimming in it. And she is wearing a pair of her own fleece pajama pants with it.
I slide them one over my swim suit and I'm immediately warmed up. She giggles at how big the sweatpants and shirt are on me.
"We look like twinsies!" I laugh along too and pick her up to bring her downstairs. We are going to watch her favorite movies and eat ice cream and cake for dinner. Whatever I can to make sure she stays distracted from her mother being in the hospital.

A/N: Okay so there is the first chapter! Isabel is honestly my favorite😍 Please Vote and Comment!!