Chap 7

I pull on my baseball cap and pull my ponytail through the little hole in the back. I go outside and begin my morning run. Today is my doubling day so I go easy on the morning and hard at night.
I take off jogging towards the park with the trails that lead all over town.
I run through the park and am comforted by the sight of little kids running around on the playground and many other people walking or jogging. I've ran here late at night before and I can honestly say I broke some world records for how fast I ran.
While running down the trail that leads to the middle class areas of my town I prepare to slow down to look both ways before I cross the intersection. I turn my head to the left and when I turn my head to the right I'm blindsided my a man whose head is turned to his right also checking for cars.
Immediately I feel like one of those cartoon characters that have little black squiggles and stars floating around their head. I think being hit pretty hard twice in a row is not great for your head.
Then my foot slips of the small curb and I begin falling right into the bike lane. I hit the ground hard and I feel my hands and elbows get road rash. I just lie there for a second honestly not wanting to get up.
Then my better sense tells me to move my lazy ass, and check out the person that pretty much took me down WWE-style.
I hear the shuffle of feet coming towards me. I open my eyes and see a group of people standing around. Not just a group of ahem- helpful people, a bunch of random guys. Probably all here for summer vacation.
"Hey are you okay?" All of the guys have hands out stretched to help me up. I reach up and grab two random hands, otherwise I think I might've just lied there.
"I think I'm okay, thank you," another guy is looking at my hands.
"You seem to be pretty scratched up, and you have a pretty deep cut going across your hand. Do you want us to take you home?" I look down at the blood on my hands and dripping down my legs and arms. I immediately feel a little woozy. I can handle someone else bleeding but my own blood, oh hell no.
"I uh- I think I'm fine. I just need to wash this off. It's just a little road rash." Immediately one of them protests,
"I'm Jack, take my number and just text me to tell me you made it home safe. You look pretty pale and I can understand that you don't want strangers taking you home, I just want to make sure you didn't pass out on the side of the road somewhere," He has a point. I'd never just let someone go after seeing them wipe out I did.
"She's gonna come with me she'll be fine."
I hear from behind me. I see Alex sitting, knees bent on the ground. He grins at me
"Hey stranger, watch where you're going."
I can't help but laugh, that is until I see the blood pouring down the side of his head.
"Oh my god, Alex! Your head! We need to get you somewhere A SAP!" He groans and pushes himself into standing he first addresses the guys behind me.
"If you guys wanna stop staring at her ass and leave I'd greatly appreciate it," he puts a stony face on. Yikes, and he's a good head taller due to his dad being like Shaq. They all just glance at each other before turning around and walking away.
"I can't believe you did that! They were not being creepy, and the bigger issue now would be getting you to a first aid kit." I grab his hand and begin to pull him back towards my house. It's closer than his even though we are neighbors our land is quite big.
We arrive at my house and I say my name into the security system to unlock the door. We walk in and I bring him to the upstairs main bathroom. It's used for guests mainly.
I pull out a first aid kit and run a washcloth under warm water. I wipe of his hands and the other places that got road rash. He just sits still. I put antiseptic on some gauze and begin to wipe off his head. He just sits still. No movement.
Maybe it didn't hurt as bad as it looked.
"There you go, all cleaned up." He smiles at me and gets off the lid of the toilet. He picks me up and places me on the counter, when I see the blood all on me. I feel woozy again.
Alex holds me by my shoulders to steady me and then reaches behind me to run a clean washcloth under warm water.
"This might hurt a little bit Amelia,"
I nod my head and keep my eyes shut. I feel his one hand hold my calf and the other compresses the warm wash cloth on my road burn.
He continues putting pressure on it careful not to swipe and pull at the skin. Just cleaning off one leg and then the other.
It doesn't hurt much, I'm too distracted by watching him.

A/N: Y'all are gonna get more Alex and Amelia action next chapter, so yeah I'll try and update soon. If this starts getting more popular I might come up with a system for updating. Like twenty votes or next week or something idk we'll see.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Add this book to your library 👍