Chap 2

Isabel and I enter the kitchen when I hear my phone ping. I check my messages to see that Alex told me to turn on the security system, and that his father is at the hospital with him so don't answer the door.
I immediately question why he sent that. We live in a gated community with top notch security. I wouldn't have to worry about things like random people in the neighborhood.
By now it's starting to get dark, so I flick on the kitchen lights. Isabel scrambles up into a stool seat at the breakfast bar in their kitchen.
"I want pancakes with rainbow sprinkles please! And strawberry smoothies!" She smiles a wide grin showing the two teeth she is missing.
"Coming right up Lady Isabel," I pull out the bowls and dishes and start on making the pancake batter. I stir in a quarter cup of sprinkles and when I begin to cook them I sprinkle more on top. Just the way Isabel likes them. While I let the set of pancakes cook, I grab out all the ingredients for a strawberry smoothie. I put it all in the blender and press the button. The blender spins and I transition to flipping pancakes. Once they are flipped I turn off the blender and get out two tall glasses and swirly straws. I take the pancakes off and put them on plates and pour the smoothies into the cups. I put butter on every pancake and give three to Isabel and three to me. I squirt whipped cream on top of both the smoothie and pancakes and put rainbow sprinkles on the pancakes.
Isabel quickly dives into her extremely healthy dinner and I just chew and watch her eat. She eats just like she normally does, with a big smile on her face and whipped cream on her nose.

After we finish eating I put our dishes in the washer and put popcorn in the microwave. I get two giant bowls and fill them both with popcorn. I walk out into the living room to see that Isabel has already put in a movie. Barbie Princess and the Pauper. This was my favorite movie when I was little so obviously I made her watch it too, and she got hooked.
We sit and munch on the popcorn and sing along to the songs while giggling. At one point she gets up and dances, and I decide to join her. We dance around singing "I'm just like you!"
"Your just like me"
"It's funny anyone can't see!"
We both laugh and sit back down once the song is over, both of us getting way too into the movie. It's times like this I almost forget any problems going on, but I can't seem to get Mrs. King out of my head. I've never seen her like that. She looked deathly pale, and was completely unconscious. She didn't have any prior health problems that I've known of besides getting hay fever in the spring.
I hope I get an update from Alex soon.
While thinking that I hear my phone go off again, and I quickly go to answer it thinking it might be Alex. I see that it's Matt, and he doesn't sound happy. He just said 'I can't believe you right now, first you cancel and now you're ignoring me. Why do you treat me so terribly? I need to talk to you in person. I'll see you at 10"

This can not be good. I just need to make sure Isabel is out of the range of fire.

A/N: Sorry this is kind of a filler, drama is coming up though! Please vote and comment!
Also any good books I should read? I'm not crazy about horror but I'm open to anything!